ZoomText Magnifier Only, Single User
All software purchases are available in digital download format only – per the manufacturer. We no longer ship a CD-Rom.
ZoomText Magnifier low vision software aid is the world’s leading magnification and screen reading software for the visually impaired and helps countless individuals across the globe stay employed and in touch with the world.
There are 2 versions available:
- ZoomText Magnifier low vision software, which will enlarge and enhance everything on your computer screen with perfect clarity, making all of your applications easy to see and use; and
- ZoomText Magnifier/Reader low vision software, which includes all the great features of the ZoomText Magnifier low vision product, and will additionally read aloud anything on your computer screen. Sit back as email, documents, and webpages are read aloud to you right through your computer’s speakers, letting you relax your eyes even more with this low vision product.
ZoomText contains the following new features and enhancements, allowing for greater productivity and support in the Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 operating systems as well as in the latest versions of popular applications. Be sure you also check out the list of all the features that were already in ZoomText, but here’s a list of everything new:
- Support for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 ZoomText 10.1 provides unmatched magnification and reading support for the new Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 operating systems and interface. Whether you’re running new Windows 8 apps or legacy applications, ZoomText allows you to work at the highest level of speed and productivity. ZoomText 10.1 also includes ZoomText’s patented “xFont” magnification, which provides the sharpest magnified text available on the market today.
- Support for Microsoft Office 2013 ZoomText 10.1 supports the core applications in Microsoft Office 2013 including Word, Excel and Outlook. Create, navigate and read your documents with ease and accuracy.
- Support for Internet Explorer 10 and 11 With robust support for Internet Explorer 10 and 111 (aka IE10 and IE11), ZoomText 10.1 makes web browsing a snap. Search, navigate and read your favorite websites using ZoomText’s powerful Web Finder and reading tools.
- Improved Support for Videos and Games With a new magnification engine and full DirectX support, you now can watch and play all types of videos and games with ZoomText.
- Support for Touch Screen Devices ZoomText 10.1 can be used on Windows 8 and 8.1 touch screen devices including tablets, laptops and desktop monitors. ZoomText follows along as you tap, drag and swipe your way through all of your applications. And you can instantly access key ZoomText features using the ZoomText Touch Icon and gestures. Note: Requires a 5-point or greater multi-touch device.
- Additional Levels of Magnification To support users wanting higher magnification levels and ultra-high resolution displays, ZoomText’s magnification levels have been extended and now include 42x, 48x, 54x and 60x. We’ve also added more fractional levels between 1x and 5x.
- Improved Tracking and Program Echo ZoomText’s improved event handling delivers more accurate and complete tracking and reading as you navigate application menus, dialogs and other controls.
- Smooth Mouse Pointers At all magnification levels, ZoomText now displays mouse pointers with smooth edges that are more pleasing to look at and use.
- Color Enhancement Transition Effects ZoomText’s new transition effect gives a fresh, comfortable feel when switching between color enhancement schemes.
ZoomText is the world’s leading magnification and screen reading software for the visually impaired and helps countless individuals across the globe stay employed and in touch with the world. Here is an outline of the features, with a note indicating which features are exclusive to ZoomText 10.1. ZoomText Magnifier/Reader contains all of the features of ZoomText Magnifier, and will additionally read aloud anything on your computer screen.
xFont technology displays high-definition text that’s easy to read at all magnification levels. Smooth, bold and condense settings allow you to fine-tune the thickness and spacing of text for added legibility.
Full range of magnification levels up to 36x (up to 60x in Windows 8). Levels include: 1x to 8x in steps of 1, 10x to 16x in steps of 2, 20x to 36x in steps of 4, and fractional powers of 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x and 2.5x. 30 levels of magnification in ZoomText 10.1: 1x to 2x in steps of 0.2; 2.25x, 2.5x, 2.75x, 3x, 3.5x, 4x, 4.5x, 5x, 6x, 7x, 8x; 10x to 16x in steps of 2; 20x to 36x in steps of 4; 42x, 48x, 54x, and 60x.
Support for Touch Screen Devices
ZoomText follows along as you tap, drag and swipe your way through all of your applications. And you can instantly access key ZoomText features using the ZoomText Touch Icon and gestures. Note: Requires a 5-point or greater multi-touch device.
Powerful Zoom Windows
9 different zoom windows (8 in ZoomText 10.1) allow you to choose which part of the screen is magnified.
Enhanced Screen Colors
Innovative color controls improve screen clarity and reduce eyestrain. Special effects include color dyes, two-color modes and replacement of problem colors.
Visible Pointers and Cursors
Size and color enhancements make it easy to see the mouse pointer. Special locators make it easier to follow the mouse pointer and text cursor as they move across the screen. New in ZoomText 10.1 for Windows 8 are smoothed mouse pointers, which are more pleasing to look at and use.
Makes it easy to locate and follow the control focus when you navigate through application menus, dialogs and other application controls.
Navigating your applications and scrolling the view is always smooth and comfortable. Constrained mouse movement allows you to examine rows and columns, and keeps you within the active window.
Dual Monitor Support
Use two monitors to expand your magnified viewing area, or use the second monitor to share a magnified or unmagnified view of your desktop with another person or group. Coming soon for Windows 8.
The ZoomText Camera feature allows you to use any high-definition (HD) webcam to view and magnify printed items and other objects right on your computer screen—including bills, magazines, photographs, medicine labels, craft items and more.
Enhanced Web Finder
ZoomText’s Enhanced Web Finder allows you to search webpaweb pagesspecific words or phrases, or skim through pages to find items of interest. When an item of interest is found you can have Web Finder start reading aloud from that location (Magnifier/Reader only). If the item is a link to another page you can have Web Finder execute the link and continue your search on the new page.
Desktop Finder helps you find and launch programs and documents on your desktop, system tray and quick launch bar.
Text Finder helps you locate words, phrases and topics of interest in documents, web pages, and application window.
Save unique settings for each application that you use. As you switch applications, ZoomText automatically loads the desired settings.
Special Application Support
Built-in support for popular applications – including Internet Explorer (IE 10 supported in ZoomText 10.1 for Windows 8), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook; Office 2013 is supported in ZoomText 10.1 for Windows 8), Adobe, Firefox, OpenOffice, iTunes and Java – allow you to navigate your documents with 100% accuracy.
Full Windows Logon Support (with ZoomText Logon UI)
ZoomText’s logon support provides essential magnification and screen reading features when logging into Windows.
ZoomText is jam-packed exciting features and add-ons that are designed to increase your productivity and extend its usefulness beyond your computer.
ZoomText is available in over 20 languages, with a variety of license types to choose from. Plus, we offer an Enhanced Support Plan (ESP), providing you with premium technical support and the next two ZoomText upgrades delivered automatically.
Freedom Scientific Releases Version 2021 of JAWS, ZoomText, and Fusion
Freedom Scientific is excited to announce the annual releases of the 2021 versions of leading screen access products, JAWS® for Windows, ZoomText®, and Fusion™. This release includes a New Voice Assistant, updated Picture Smart and Convenient OCR features, improved support for MS Teams and Office applications, and all the latest releases of Windows® 10.
Significant new features include:
- Ask Sharky or Zoomy for help with some of the most common features found in JAWS and ZoomText
- Picture Smart now allows users to analyze images as you encounter them navigating webpages such as Facebook
- OCR from JAWS and Fusion directly to Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Teams users benefit from Improved navigation options and shortcut keys for features like hand raising and ending calls
- Support tool simplifies the user experience when working with Technical Support to resolve issues
The new 2021 releases build on our commitment to advanced AI services from Microsoft and Google in the cloud. Picture Smart feature now gives users instant access to cloud services descriptions of images and pictures discovered while navigating your favorite web sites.
And new this year, JAWS and ZoomText introduce users to new Voice Assistants, Sharky and Zoomy. Using natural speech, ask Sharky to speak faster or slower, turn the Screen Shade on or off, OCR a PDF, or even ask for the time or date. Ask Zoomy to change the magnification level, toggle screen enhancements, or access features like App Reader. Users will benefit from accessing many features without the need to remember keystrokes. Just give it a try.
Meeting the needs of professionals using MS Teams, JAWS, ZoomText, and Fusion 2021 now includes improved access. JAWS and Fusion users now overcome usability shortcomings with scripts helping navigation, hanging up calls, hand raising in meetings, and more.
And when necessary, Technical Support will give simple directions to the Support Tool to extract a complete picture of all the details needed for our team to resolve issues quicker. This automated solution will gather version info from the OS and applications in use, and any logs and user settings available.
Here are links to important ZoomText and Fusion Updates:
- <Click Here to access 2021 January Release>
- <Click Here> to access 2021 Pre-Release>
- <Click Here> to access the April 2020 Update>
- <Click Here> to access the March 2020 Update>
- <Click Here> to access the February 2020 Update>
- <Click Here> to access the August 2019 Update>
- <Click Here> to access the June 2019 Update>
- <Click Here> to access the August 2018 Update>
- <Click Here> to access the May 2018 Update
We Are Here To Help
To learn more about this or any of our products and services or to schedule a no-obligation demonstration, contact a Low Vision Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness to learn more. You can also call our toll free number 888-211-6933 or email us at email@example.com.
Our two(2) state-of-the-art technology showrooms are a wonderful resource, showcasing a variety of leading electronic low vision magnifiers and blindness products. You can schedule an appointment with one of our Vision Specialists who can help you find the right technology, training and care solution.
If you cannot come to us, our staff can even drive out and bring our Vision Store to you, for a no-obligation product demonstration. We offer a comprehensive line of products including electronic magnification low vision aids, blindness products, and leading low vision products for people with glaucoma, macular degeneration and other forms of vision loss.