JAWS Screen Reader – Professional Edition
All software purchases are available in digital download format only – per the manufacturer. We no longer ship a CD-Rom.
JAWS – The World’s Most Popular Windows Screen Reader
JAWS, Job Access With Speech, is the world’s most popular screen reader, developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content or navigating with a mouse. JAWS provides speech and Braille output for the most popular computer applications on your PC. You will be able to navigate the Internet, write a document, read an email and create presentations from your office, remote desktop, or from home.
What is a screen reader?
A screen reader is a software program that enables a blind or visually impaired user to read the text that is displayed on the computer screen with a speech synthesizer or braille display. JAWS, Job Access With Speech, is the world’s most popular screen reader, developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content or navigating with a mouse. JAWS provides speech and braille output for the most popular computer applications on your PC..
- Read documents. emails, websites and apps
- Easily navigate with your mouse
- Scan and read all of your documents, including PDF
- Fill out webforms with ease
- Easy to use with Daisy formatted basic training
- Save time with Skim Reading and Text Analyzer
- Surf the net with web browsing keystrokes
- Two multi-lingual synthesizers: Eloquence and Vocalizer Expressive
- Includes drivers for all popular Braille displays
- Convenient OCR feature for image files or inaccessible PDF documents
- Picture Smart service to recognize images
- Voice Assistant to issue infrequently used commands
- Supports PEARL Camera for direct access to print documents or books
- Built-in free DAISY Player and full set of DAISY-formatted basic training books
- Works with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and much more
- Supports Windows® 11, Windows 10, Windows Server® 2019, and Windows Server 2016
- Become more efficient with Skim Reading and Text Analyzer
- Compatible with ZoomText, Fusion, and OpenBook Scanning and Reading Software
- JAWS Tandem Center is available for free to help with support and training
- Optional support for Tandem Direct, Citrix, Terminal Services, and Remote Desktop
- Powerful scripting language to customize the user experience on any application
- Kiosk support available
Software for Business
Take advantage of working with the leading company offering both Software and Hardware products for visually impaired users worldwide. These products are designed and tested to install and work together providing all your software needs from one provider. And when it comes to supporting, our distribution channel has years of experience, ensuring you get fast and accurate support in selecting and supporting your products.
Perpetual licenses are available for all our software titles – JAWS for Screen Reading, ZoomText and Fusion for Screen Magnification, and OpenBook for Scanning and Reading.
Choose between either single-user licenses or multi-user licenses, which utilize license servers to easily distribute software access throughout the organization. Add support for Citrix, VMware Horizon, and Remote Desktop, which are essential for environments that require users to access remote servers.
Always include the Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA) to maintain your Perpetual software with access to future updates and upgrades. As the applications used by consumers continue to change, it is critical to maintaining your Access Technology License as well.
JAWS System Recommendations
To use JAWS for Windows, we recommend a personal computer running Microsoft® Windows® with the following:
- Operating System: Windows® 11, Windows 10, Windows Server® 2019, and Windows Server 2016.
- Processor Speed: Recommended: 2.0 GHz i5 dual core or higher processor.
- Memory (RAM) Recommended: 8 GB or more.
- Required hard disk space:
- 2 GB with more space required for additional voices.
- Recommended: SSD drive.
- Video/Graphics card with support for DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver.
- 1024×768 display resolution.
- Sound: Windows-compatible sound card (for speech).
- What’s New in JAWS
- JAWS Keystrokes (PDF)
- JAWS Keystrokes (text)
- JAWS Keystrokes (HTML)
- Braille Display Input Commands (HTML)
- JAWS Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- JAWS Quick Start Guide (text)
- JAWS Help System (ZIP file) Note: After unzipping and saving the help files, select JFW.CHM to launch the primary help file.
- JAWS Support for ARIA (Word file): ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) is assistive technology markup used by Web content creators to make Web pages more accessible for screen readers. This is done by adding specific ARIA tags and elements to HTML code. Read this document to learn more about JAWS support for ARIA markup.
- JAWS Tandem Quick Start Guide
- JAWS Tandem FAQs
- Software Activation
- Previous JAWS Documentation: If you want to view documentation for earlier versions of JAWS, visit the Previous JAWS for Windows Downloads page and download the appropriate JAWS version. Install this program and then look in the Help folder to find the product documentation.
JAWS Scripting Resources:
- Basics of Scripting Manual (HTML)
- Basics of Scripting Manual (self-extracting file)
- Enhancements in Scripting
- FSDN (Functions Reference Manual)
- JAWS UIA Script API Documentation
- Domain Scripting Quick Start (PDF)
- Research It: Creating Rule Sets for JAWS (Word file)
- Updating Verbosity Scripts for the JAWS Options Tree View (self-extracting file)
- <Click Here to access June 2022 Release>
- <Click Here to access February 2022 Release>
- <Ckick Here to access December 2021 Release>
- <Click Here to access November 2021 Release>
- <Click Here to access July 2021 Release>
- <Click Here to access May 2021 Release>
- <Click Here to access April 2021 Release>
- <Click Here to access February 2021 Release>
- <Click Here to access January 2021 Release>
- <Click Here> to access 2021 Pre-Release>
- <Click Here> to access August 2020 Update>
- <Click Here> to access the April 2020 Update>
- <Click Here> to access the March 2020 Update>
- <Click Here> to access the February 2020 Update>
- <Click Here> to access the August 2019 Update>
- <Click Here> to access the June 2019 Update>
- <Click Here> to access the August 2018 Update>
- <Click Here> to access the May 2018 Update
Downloads for the January 2022 Updates:
- JAWS 2022 What’s New in 2022: https://support.freedomscientific.com/downloads/JAWS/JAWSWhatsNew
- JAWS 2022 Connected:https://jaws2022.vfo.digital/2022.2112.24.400/80824FB8-21F9-4D84-85EB-4008CD002070/J2022.2112.24.400.exe
- JAWS 2022 Offline 64 Bit:https://jaws2022.vfo.digital/2022.2112.24.400/80824FB8-21F9-4D84-85EB-4008CD002070/J2022.2112.24.400-Offline-x64.exe
- JAWS 2022 Offline 32 64 Bit:https://jaws2022.vfo.digital/2022.2112.24.400/80824FB8-21F9-4D84-85EB-4008CD002070/J2022.2112.24.400-Offline-x86.exe
- ZoomText 2022 Connected:https://zoomtext2022.vfo.digital/2022.2112.10.400/983A3F44-83C0-4017-A6D5-2CB9A9710F72/ZT2022.2112.10.400.exe
- ZoomText 2022 Offline:https://zoomtext2022.vfo.digital/2022.2112.10.400/983A3F44-83C0-4017-A6D5-2CB9A9710F72/ZT2022.2112.10.400-Offline.exe
- Fusion 2022 Connected:https://fusion2022.vfo.digital/2022.2112.5.400/3065094C-E40A-4D29-9875-467B73F9724B/F2022.2112.5.400.exe
- Fusion 2022 Offline:https://fusion2022.vfo.digital/2022.2112.5.400/3065094C-E40A-4D29-9875-467B73F9724B/F2022.2112.5.400-Offline.exe
Product ManualNo user manual found.
About New England Low Vision and Blindness
New England Low Vision and Blindness uniquely brings hope through technology, training, and care. We are a full-service assistive technology rehabilitation training provider. We offer nearly 100% of all major electronic low vision, blindness, and software products, multiple assistive technology showrooms and a team of Vision Technology Rehabilitation Trainers to help anyone who is visually impaired.
We provide ‘patient choice’ showcasing numerous technology options from the world’s most respected suppliers, all in line with one’s individualized budgetary limits and personal, educational, or professional goals. We also provide custom training solutions and troubleshooting support.
Widely known, tested, and trusted throughout New England, our team brings 75+ years of low and blindness vision experience. Our talent, technology, and training offerings are unmatched and highly respected. We are an extremely unique and extraordinary resource for anyone suffering from vision loss in New England. We are here to help.
Through our no-obligation demonstrations - either at one of our conveniently located assistive technology showrooms or in their home, office, or school - clients experience a relaxed 2-hour free personal demonstration of almost 100% of all low vision and blindness technologies available on the market.
To learn more about how we Bring Hope to people who are blind or with low vision, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness please call our toll-free number 888-211-6933 or email us at email@example.com. You can also use the form above to request information about our services or a no-obligation demonstration on this or any of our products.