JAWS – Home Edition
All software purchases are available in digital download format only – per the manufacturer. We no longer ship a CD-Rom.
JAWS—The World’s Most Popular Windows Screen Reader
JAWS (Job Access With Speech) is the world’s most popular screen reader, developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content or navigating with a mouse. JAWS provides speech and Braille output for the most popular computer applications on your PC.
JAWS Home Edition (Non-Commercial Use Only) can be used with all 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Windows® 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista® along with Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
Note: Early versions of JAWS can also be used for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 if needed.
JAWS is also available with an option to add Remote Access (RA). Remote access provides support for Remote Desktop, Terminal Server, and software like Citrix Program Neighborhood allowing you to establish a connection from your computer to another computer and run programs as if you were sitting at that computer’s keyboard.
Add a Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA) to your new purchase to automatically receive the next two consecutive paid for upgrades at a savings of up to 50 percent the retail value.
What’s new in JAWS:
- Detects earlier versions and allows you to migrate your to the latest version
- Export your settings from one computer or JAWS user to another
- Touchscreen support for on-screen keyboard
- New Options Added to Startup Wizard
- Mouse Echo allows JAWS to speak what is under the mouse out loud
- Text Selection and Other Improvements in Text Reading Mode
- Works even more seamlessly with ZoomText
- Audio Ducking drops the volume of other programs when JAWS is speaking
- Improved Vocalizer Expressive speech synthesizer
- And More!
Announcement – JAWS® Updates:
- <Click Here> to access the June 2019 Update>
- <Click Here> to access the August 2018 Update – Improvements and downloads made to JAWS in August 2018
- <Click Here> to access the May 2018 Update – Improvements made in JAWS 2018 between the May 2018 update and the July 2018 update.
Enhancements in JAWS 2019.1907.42 (August 2019)
This update to the August 2019 release addresses a recently discovered issue where JAWS application scripts failed to load in the new released of Skype for Desktop application (version 8.51). There are other possible applications where this could have resulted in scripts not loading also such as the Desktop version of Slack. A Technical Support Notice has also been posted at: https://support.freedomscientific.com/Support/TechnicalSupport/Bulletin/1713. JAWS Downloads:
- Connected: JAWS 2019.1907.42
- Offline 64 Bit: JAWS 2019.1907.42 – Offline 64 Bit
- Offline 32 Bit: JAWS 2019.1907.42 – Offline 32 Bit
Want to Learn More?
To learn more about this or any of our products and services or to schedule a no-obligation demonstration, contact a Low Vision Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness to learn more. You can also call our toll free number 888-211-6933 or email us at email@example.com.
Our two(2) state-of-the-art technology showrooms are a wonderful resource, showcasing a variety of leading electronic low vision magnifiers and blindness products. You can schedule an appointment with one of our Vision Specialists who can help you find the right technology, training and care solution.
If you cannot come to us, our staff can even drive out and bring our Vision Store to you, for a no-obligation product demonstration. We offer a comprehensive line of products including electronic magnification low vision aids, blindness products, and leading low vision products for people with glaucoma, macular degeneration and other forms of vision loss.