JAWS Screen Reader – Home Edition
All software purchases are available in digital download format only – per the manufacturer. We no longer ship a CD-Rom.
JAWS—The World’s Most Popular Windows Screen Reader
JAWS (Job Access With Speech) is the world’s most popular screen reader, developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content or navigating with a mouse. JAWS provides speech and Braille output for the most popular computer applications on your PC.
JAWS Home Edition (Non-Commercial Use Only) can be used with all 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Windows® 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista® along with Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
Note: Early versions of JAWS can also be used for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 if needed.
JAWS is also available with an option to add Remote Access (RA). Remote access provides support for Remote Desktop, Terminal Server, and software like Citrix Program Neighborhood allowing you to establish a connection from your computer to another computer and run programs as if you were sitting at that computer’s keyboard.
What’s new in JAWS 2020 Screen Reading Software:
- Reduced Double Speaking of Form Control Prompts
- Zoom Meeting Scripts Added for an Improved Experience
- Enhanced JAWS and Invisible Cursor Support for Windows 10 Universal Apps
- Convenient OCR Updated to Use the Latest OmniPage
- Virtual Cursor Toggle Now Tab Specific in Google Chrome
- Contracted Braille Input Enhancements
- Updated JAWS Basic Training
- Toggle JAWS Sounds in Speech On Demand
- Filter Control Characters in Braille
- Updated BraillePen Display Driver
- General Changes in Response to Customer Requests
- Improved JAWS and Fusion Installation for Multi-Lingual Computers and Applications
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Should I remove my existing version of JAWS before installing JAWS 2020?
Answer: This is not necessary and many users choose to keep multiple versions on their system. Once you find that you are no longer using the prior version, and everything is working well with the new version, you may uninstall the old version but do not remove shared components.
Question: If I recently received JAWS 2019, how do I get JAWS 2020?
Answer: If you purchased JAWS 2019 after September 1, 2019, you can download the JAWS 2020 release for free from the Freedom Scientific website. To verify if you are entitled to the current version, visit the SMA and Upgrade Pricing page and enter your serial number.
Question: If my SMA expires, will I receive a notice?
Answer: Customers in the U.S. will receive notification in the mail shortly after the JAWS 2020 release. The envelope will have a Braille label on the outside, and it will contain an SMA Renewal letter explaining the process in print and Braille. You can also renew your SMA online using the SMA and Upgrade Pricing page on the Freedom Scientific website.
<Click Here> to learn more about all the new features in JAWS 2020 Screen Reading Software
Here are links to JAWS 2020 Download Links:
- Primary: J2020.1910.54.400.exe
- JAWS Offline Installers:
- JAWS ISO and Artwork Links:
Here are links to other JAWS® Updates:
- <Click Here> to access the February 2020 Update>
- <Click Here> to access the June 2019 Update>
- <Click Here> to access the August 2018 Update – Improvements and downloads made to JAWS in August 2018
- <Click Here> to access the May 2018 Update – Improvements made in JAWS 2018 between the May 2018 update and the July 2018 update.
- <Click Here> to access the August 2019 Update>
Want to Learn More?
To schedule a no-obligation demonstration, contact a Low Vision Specialists at New England Low Vision and Blindness to learn more. You can also call our toll free number 888-211-6933 or email us at email@example.com.
Our two(2) state-of-the-art technology showrooms are a wonderful resource, showcasing a variety of leading electronic low vision magnifiers and blindness products. You can schedule an appointment with one of our Vision Specialists who can help you find the right technology, training and care solution.
If you cannot come to us, our staff can even drive out and bring our Vision Store to you, for a no-obligation product demonstration. We offer a comprehensive line of products including electronic magnification low vision aids, blindness products, and leading low vision products for people with Macular Degeneration and other forms of vision loss.