New England Low Vision and Blindness Webinar & Training Series
New England Low Vision and Blindness, in conjunction with our business partners, we are pleased to offer the following Low Vision webinars and training:
What’s your screen size?
Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 1:00 PM Eastern
Video magnifiers come in a myriad of sizes and descriptions. How can one boil it down to make sense of it all, to make good decisions?
What you will learn:
- How to select video magnifier screen size based on end user’s individual needs.
- What might change your decision based on task frequency combined with accessories or options available in a product with different screen sizes?
- What could affect your decision when considering screen size vs portability?
This webinar is eligible for ACVREP credits.
Unveiling new technology!
Tuesday, February 21, 2023
In this session, LVI America will focus on exciting new technology.
- Hint 1: you’ve been asking for this product.
- Hint 2: the product supports a brand that is a kind of fruit.
Not eligible for ACVREP Credits
How to Improve Productivity Using Refreshable Braille
Thursday, January 19, 2023
Are you looking for ways to become more proficient when using a braille display? Join us on Thursday, January 19, from noon to 1:30 pm Eastern time for a live webinar, “How to Improve Productivity Using Refreshable Braille.”
We’ll provide an overview of five powerful features available when using a braille display with JAWS, plus discuss useful commands. Learn how to:
- Use BrailleIn to control your computer with the Braille Display Keyboard
- Select your desired Braille Display Mode to access specific information
- Use Status Cells to gain valuable information about the active cursor, line numbers where the Virtual Cursor is active, and the type of control in Focus
- Use Flash Messages to obtain help and status information
- Link and unlink the Braille and system cursors when navigating information on the screen
ACVREP credits will be available for those who attend the live webinar.
When JAWS Does the Unexpected: Top Five JAWS Troubleshooting Tips
Thursday, February 16, 2023
Join us from noon to 1:30 pm Eastern to learn five JAWS troubleshooting tips to increase productivity and proficiency.
Details and registration link coming soon!
Ten Power Tips for Tackling Teams with JAWS
Thursday, March 30, 2023
Join us from noon to 1:30 pm Eastern for ten power tips for using Teams more efficiently with JAWS.
Details and registration link coming soon!
Past Webinars and Training
For those of you who may have missed past training, you can find the following links:
- New England Low Vision and Blindness Functional Vision Workshop:
- Dr. Caroline Toomey-Gitto, OD will explain “Functional Vision” and its importance in working with people who are visually impaired https://nelowvision.com/untreatable-patients/doctor-toomey-in-educator-video/
- HumanWare Blindness series – includes webinars about the BrailleNote Touch Plus, Brailliant braille displays and Victor Readers: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDWfRB9hDxLNiQC_dkmreT47gcgLrakMI
- HumanWare Low Vision Series – includes webinars about the explore handheld magnifiers, Connect 12 and Reveal 16 and Reveal 16i smart magnifiers: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDWfRB9hDxLOPlOHYaZWaTW13o-NHpXyH
- Freedom Scientific Braille Training: https://www.freedomscientific.com/training/braille/
- Freedom Scientific Training: https://www.freedomscientific.com/training/
- Freedom Scientific Ruby 10: https://www.freedomscientific.com/webinars/a-deep-dive-into-patent-pending-features-of-the-new-ruby-10/
- HumanWare Living with Low Vision Series: Jacki Jones Interview Take Me to School: https://youtu.be/T7k0EWhew0M?list=PL3Dk6ppu1buctiRZetYGNyHZlbULYVmwa
- HumanWareThe Carroll Center for the Blind Remote Instruction: https://carroll.org/ecarroll/
- Vispero Review of COVID-19 Funding and Impact for Assistive Technology Procurement
- Mobile-Accessibility Testing Toolbox
- Prep and Proof Word Documents Using Track Changes and Comments with JAWS
- Prep and Proof Word Documents with the Microsoft Editor and JAWS
- Low Vision Basics – The Importance of Lighting, Eye Protection, and Magnification
- Freedom Scientific Training and Certification
- Perkins School – How educators can support college-bound students who are visually impaired: https://www.perkins.org/resource/best-practices-and-expert-advice-how-educators-can-support-college-bound-students-who-are-visually-impaired/
- Perkins School – Understanding and connecting with the world: https://www.perkins.org/resource/understanding-and-connecting-with-the-world/
- MagniLink TAB and MagniLink Student (MLS): Learn the difference for your student https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU5xRUxu-_8
Please remember to bookmark this page and remember to check back often.
About New England Low Vision and Blindness
New England Low Vision and Blindness uniquely brings hope through technology, training, and care. We are a full-service assistive technology rehabilitation training provider. We offer nearly 100% of all major electronic low vision, blindness, and software products and an assistive technology showroom center.
We provide ‘patient choice’ showcasing numerous technology options from the world’s most respected suppliers, all in line with one’s individualized budgetary limits and personal, educational, or professional goals. We also provide custom training solutions and troubleshooting support.
Widely known, tested, and trusted throughout New England, our team brings 75+ years of low vision experience. Our talent, technology, and training offerings are unmatched and highly respected. We are an extremely unique and extraordinary resource for anyone suffering from vision loss in New England. We are here to help.
Through our free demonstrations – either at one of our conveniently located assistive technology showrooms or in their home, office, or school – clients experience a relaxed 2-hour free personal demonstration of almost 100% of all low vision and blindness technologies available on the market.
To learn more about how we Bring Hope to people who are blind or with low vision, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness please call our toll-free number at 888-211-6933 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.