New England Low Vision and Blindness Webinar & Training Series
New England Low Vision and Blindness, in conjunction with our business partners, are pleased to offer the following webinars and training:
Coding—It’s not just for geeks
When: May 13, 2022, 11:30 (EST)
What: Panel discussion at the 2022 APH Coding Symposium
Learning how to code with products like the HumanWare BrailleNote Touch Plus to the Code Jumper is a pathway to all kinds of careers in all areas of technology. Meet Peter Tucic and other professionals in the industry who lead the way for students interested in coding and learn about their career journeys.
When: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 – 1:00 PM Eastern Time
What: We are bringing back a crowd favorite, Jacki Jones, for a follow up interview. Jacki will tell us how she’s doing with her coursework at Cal State Fullerton and how her MagniLink TAB is a huge help at school and at home. No ACVREP credits for this fun and informative webinar.
Cloud’s the limit with the latest BrailleNote Touch Plus KeySoft update
When: May 17, 2022, 12:00 PM (EST)
What: We are delighted to announce an update to KeySoft for the BrailleNote Touch Plus, which brings you more productive tools. Join Andrew and Peter to discuss some of the many changes included in the update. This webinar will take us through how to access cloud storage using the new look and feel of the File Manager. Read PowerPoint slides more efficiently and learn how to use the BrailleNote Touch plus with Method 2 (BANA) and Method 3 (UKAAF) for teaching foreign languages such as French, German or Spanish. All of this plus more.
Brailliant BI 20X / 40X and Mantis Q40 – What’s new in version 2.0?
When: May 23, 2022, 8:00 PM (EST)
What: Version 2.0 is now available and contains some significant new enhancements for the Brailliant BI X series and Mantis Q40 braille displays. If you want to be more productive and efficient using your Braille display, join Andrew Flatres and Peter Tucic to find out what’s new with this new release. There are many great reasons you should update to the latest software. Attend this session to learn more.
MagniLink TAB: Versatile All-In-One Solution
When: Tuesday, May 31st – 1:00 PM Eastern Time (10:00 AM Pacific Time)
What: You will learn:
- to describe how to maximize use of the TAB’s distance camera by using it for tasks other than magnification, such as Zoom meetings and remote product demonstrations.
- to explain how the improvements in TABViewer software allow the user to work more effectively with Narrator new benefits of the Notepad feature can increase a student’s organization and productivity.
- to differentiate between available options to choose the video magnifier that is best for an end user.
Eligible for ACVREP Credits
Play along LIVE on the MATT Connect
When: June 3, 2022, 12:00 (EST)
What: Webinar organized by the American Printing House
It’s nearly summertime: come along and play with your MATT Connect! In this school-year-ending webinar, you’ll have the opportunity to provide your questions about using the MATT Connect in four different areas: Basics/Getting Started, Near/Distance Magnification and Low Vision Supports, EText/Books and Writing (including keyboard), and Other Applications/Android. Be prepared to fire up your MATT Connect and play along while our presenters work through your questions and address those that come to mind during the presentation.
Past Webinars and Training
For those of you who may have missed past training, you can find the following links:
- New England Low Vision and Blindness Functional Vision Workshop:
- Dr. Caroline Toomey-Gitto, OD will explain “Functional Vision” and its importance in working with people who are visually impaired https://nelowvision.com/untreatable-patients/doctor-toomey-in-educator-video/
- HumanWare Blindness series – includes webinars about the BrailleNote Touch Plus, Brailliant braille displays and Victor Readers: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDWfRB9hDxLNiQC_dkmreT47gcgLrakMI
- HumanWare Low Vision Series – includes webinars about the explore handheld magnifiers, Connect 12 and Reveal 16 and Reveal 16i smart magnifiers: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDWfRB9hDxLOPlOHYaZWaTW13o-NHpXyH
- Freedom Scientific Braille Training: https://www.freedomscientific.com/training/braille/
- Freedom Scientific Training: https://www.freedomscientific.com/training/
- Freedom Scientific Ruby 10: https://www.freedomscientific.com/webinars/a-deep-dive-into-patent-pending-features-of-the-new-ruby-10/
- HumanWare Living with Low Vision Series: Jacki Jones Interview Take Me to School: https://youtu.be/T7k0EWhew0M?list=PL3Dk6ppu1buctiRZetYGNyHZlbULYVmwa
- HumanWareThe Carroll Center for the Blind Remote Instruction: https://carroll.org/ecarroll/
- Vispero Review of COVID-19 Funding and Impact for Assistive Technology Procurement
- Mobile-Accessibility Testing Toolbox
- Prep and Proof Word Documents Using Track Changes and Comments with JAWS
- Prep and Proof Word Documents with the Microsoft Editor and JAWS
- Low Vision Basics – The Importance of Lighting, Eye Protection, and Magnification
- Freedom Scientific Training and Certification
- Perkins School – How educators can support college-bound students who are visually impaired: https://www.perkins.org/resource/best-practices-and-expert-advice-how-educators-can-support-college-bound-students-who-are-visually-impaired/
- Perkins School – Understanding and connecting with the world: https://www.perkins.org/resource/understanding-and-connecting-with-the-world/
Please remember to bookmark this page and remember to check back often.
About New England Low Vision and Blindness
New England Low Vision and Blindness uniquely brings hope through technology, training, and care. We are a full-service assistive technology rehabilitation training provider. We offer nearly 100% of all major electronic low vision, blindness, and software products and an assistive technology showroom center.
We provide ‘patient choice’ showcasing numerous technology options from the world’s most respected suppliers, all in line with one’s individualized budgetary limits and personal, educational, or professional goals. We also provide custom training solutions and troubleshooting support.
Widely known, tested, and trusted throughout New England, our team brings 75+ years of low vision experience. Our talent, technology, and training offerings are unmatched and highly respected. We are an extremely unique and extraordinary resource for anyone suffering from vision loss in New England. We are here to help.
Through our free demonstrations – either at one of our conveniently located assistive technology showrooms or in their home, office, or school – clients experience a relaxed 2-hour free personal demonstration of almost 100% of all low vision and blindness technologies available on the market.
To learn more about how we Bring Hope to people who are blind or with low vision, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness please call our toll-free number at 888-211-6933 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.