The exciting new features built into OpenBook make this the fastest and most accurate text recognition software available today!
The power of OpenBook screen reading software will transform your personal computer and scanner into a fully functioning reading solution!
The new OpenBook Scan and Read Software screen reading software and the new PEARL camera are the perfect portable solution for reading and capturing images – allowing you to take a picture and begin reading in a matter of seconds. The page guide helps you align your documents to easily capture a clear image each and every time – the built-in motion detection prevents you from taking a picture until the page is turned and perfectly positioned.
OpenBook 9 Scan and Read screen reading software features allow you to customize the appearance of the text on your screen, including font style, size, character spacing, and colors. With the Split View option, easily compare the original document and the results of OCR conversion.
The new camera View allows you to simply place a document on a scanner or under the PEARL camera and OpenBook begins to read aloud to you and display the recognized text on the screen within seconds. This new feature will allow you to use PEARL camera as a video magnifier and easily perform tasks where you previously needed a magnified view. You can also open any electronic file on your computer and edit what you need. With OpenBook, you are in control of how a page is read and presented on your computer screen to you.
You can use any of the current scanners on the market or the PEARL camera from New England Low Vision and Blindness. (Scanner not included.)
- Support for Windows® 8.1 and Windows 10
- Convert printed text to natural, human-like speech in many languages
- Powerful optical character recognition provides editable text
- Scan bound books and maintain pagination
- Powerful low vision features tailor the appearance of text on the screen, including font style, size, character spacing, and colors
- Lightning-fast OCR with the PEARL document camera
- Automatic page capture for efficient document acquisition
- Versatile document navigation and management tools maximize your productivity
Business and Classroom Features
- Enhanced ability to search for and download books and other materials from the Internet
- Full support for listening to DAISY and other audio files
- Add comments and highlighting for increased productivity
- Emboss Braille documents directly from OpenBook
- Export to other applications like Microsoft® Word®
- Common key commands with JAWS®
- Built-in photocopy functionality
OpenBook System Requirements
To use OpenBook scanning and reading software, you need a personal computer running Microsoft® Windows® with the following:
- Operating System: All 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows® 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Server® 2008
- Processor Speed: 500 MHz Intel® Pentium® or faster
- Memory (RAM) 256 MB (512 MB recommended)
- Required hard disk space 1.2 GB (on the drive containing the Program Files and Windows folders)
- Video: 256 color graphics
- Sound: Windows compatible sound card
- Keyboard: 104 key keyboard
- Acquisition device: A TWAIN or WIA-compatible flatbed scanner or a Freedom Scientific camera
- CD ROM Drive
About New England Low Vision and Blindness
New England Low Vision and Blindness uniquely brings hope through technology, training, and care. We are a full-service assistive technology rehabilitation training provider. We offer nearly 100% of all major electronic low vision, blindness, and software products, multiple assistive technology showrooms and a team of Vision Technology Rehabilitation Trainers to help anyone who is visually impaired.
We provide ‘patient choice’ showcasing numerous technology options from the world’s most respected suppliers, all in line with one’s individualized budgetary limits and personal, educational, or professional goals. We also provide custom training solutions and troubleshooting support.
Widely known, tested, and trusted throughout New England, our team brings 75+ years of low and blindness vision experience. Our talent, technology, and training offerings are unmatched and highly respected. We are an extremely unique and extraordinary resource for anyone suffering from vision loss in New England. We are here to help.
Through our no-obligation demonstrations - either at one of our conveniently located assistive technology showrooms or in their home, office, or school - clients experience a relaxed 2-hour no-obligation personal demonstration of almost 100% of all low vision and blindness technologies available on the market.
To learn more about how we Bring Hope to people who are blind or with low vision, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness please call our toll-free number 888-211-6933 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use the form above to request information about our services or a no-obligation demonstration on this or any of our products.