Transformer HD is the only product in the Low Vision market compatible with ALL Operating systems available: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Chrome!
Transformer HD is a high performance portable video magnifier (CCTV), featuring a Full HD 1080p 3-in-1 camera, Wi-Fi capability, and optional Full Page Text-to-Speech (OCR). Transformer HD features built in Wi-Fi, HDMI, and USB 3.0 connectivity for your laptop, desktop computer, tablet or monitor. Compatible with popular magnification software programs, Transformer HD is a portable and powerful low vision solution for school, work or home.
Note: Chrome is only available for the NON-OCR transformers as Chromebook does not support OCR functionality
- Full HD 1080p autofocus 3-in-1 camera for self-viewing, reading or distance viewing
- 4 desktop positions available: left, right, forward & upright
- Magnification up to 30x on 24” LCD
- 32 viewing modes to optimize contrast and brightness
- Connects via HDMI, USB 3.0 or Wi-Fi
- Work in Full or Split Screen mode
- Removable legs for suction base option
- Record and save videos for later playback
- Built in LED lighting
- 2 hour minimum removable battery with internal charger (spare battery and external charger also included)
- Carrying Case included
- 2 Year Warranty
- Optional 13 Megapixel Camera for accurate Full Page Text-to-Speech (OCR)
- Adjustable magnification and color viewing modes in OCR
- Reading preview lets you read the entire page or use your cursor to select where to begin reading
- Multiple language recognition
- Male & Female premium voices
- Save & recall documents, pictures, and export files to your computer
Transformer HD Software Compatibility
We are happy to announce that Transformer HD is now compatible with the latest versions of Supernova (16.06), Zoomtext (11.7) and Zoomtext 2018. Additionally, OCR capability has also been added when using these 3rd party add-ons. For complete technical updates, questions and answers, and how to update your Transformer HD, please click on the Transformer HD Tech Bulletin link below!
Helpful and Important Links:
- <Video> How to Open the Transformer by Scott Krug, President and Co-Founder
- <Video> How to Remove the Legs from the Transformer
- <Video> How to Remove the Suction Base from the Transformer
- Transformer Suction Base Installation Guide
- Transformer Cheat Sheet
- Transformer – System Requirements and Compatibility
- New Transformer VS Old Transformer
May 2021 – New Features and Updates:
We’ve updated our Transformer HD Technical Bulletin to include instructions on how to update your Transformer HD unit firmware for RN (registration numbers) 02.28 and 03.05 to our latest 03.06.
Please click on the links below for further information and complete step-by-step upgrade instructions:
March-20-2020 – New Features and Updates:
In an on-going focus on continuous improvement and listening to their customers, the manufacturer believes their products should not only be feature-rich, but they should be easy to use and understand. That said, they have upgraded our Transformer HD product to greatly improve the user experience.
- iOS12 and iPadOS13 compatibility
- macOS Mojave/Catalina compatibility
- Further Improved robustness to crashes, including under Windows 10 Education
- ZoomText 2019/2020 compatibility and New Selectable OCR Text feature in the OCR-TTS window allowing ZoomText/SuperNova text reading option
- New freeze frame and multiple display support for ZoomText 2019/2020
- Audio/Video recording support in Windows over USB3.0
- Migration to a newer more modern Nuance engine from an older version. This migration utilizes the latest OCR engine technology allowing for a better customer experience
- And many more not listed here!
For all units beginning with Serial Number S0309001 or higher, these upgrades will automatically be included. If you have an earlier version and would like to upgrade, you must uninstall the old Transformer software and install the new software.
Please click on the button below titled Technical Bulletin for further information about these New Features and complete step by step upgrade instructions.
About New England Low Vision and Blindness
New England Low Vision and Blindness uniquely brings hope through technology, training, and care. We are a full-service assistive technology rehabilitation training provider. We offer nearly 100% of all major electronic low vision, blindness, and software products, multiple assistive technology showrooms and a team of Vision Technology Rehabilitation Trainers to help anyone who is visually impaired.
We provide ‘patient choice’ showcasing numerous technology options from the world’s most respected suppliers, all in line with one’s individualized budgetary limits and personal, educational, or professional goals. We also provide custom training solutions and troubleshooting support.
Widely known, tested, and trusted throughout New England, our team brings 75+ years of low and blindness vision experience. Our talent, technology, and training offerings are unmatched and highly respected. We are an extremely unique and extraordinary resource for anyone suffering from vision loss in New England. We are here to help.
Through our no-obligation demonstrations - either at one of our conveniently located assistive technology showrooms or in their home, office, or school - clients experience a relaxed 2-hour no-obligation personal demonstration of almost 100% of all low vision and blindness technologies available on the market.
To learn more about how we Bring Hope to people who are blind or with low vision, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness please call our toll-free number 888-211-6933 or email us at email@example.com. You can also use the form above to request information about our services or a no-obligation demonstration on this or any of our products.