Low Vision Quick Reference Guide – Email Basics for the Visually Impaired on iPhone or iPad
Siri Capabilities – Email Basics on iPhone or iPad
Are you visually impaired and struggle with email on your iPhone or iPad? Say no more! With Siri, you can easily compose, read, and reply to emails hands-free.
Simply activate Siri by holding down the home button or saying “Hey Siri” and ask to compose a new email or read your inbox. Siri will guide you through the process and read out loud the contents of your emails.
Important Note: Siri functions will only work with the Mail app and email addresses must be added in the Contacts app
- Hey Siri, Open Mail
- Hey Siri, Read my emails
- Hey Siri, Read my emails from Erin
- Hey Siri, Send an email to Amy
- Hey Siri, Send an email to Scott subject
Write an email with Siri- complete description:
- Speak “Hey Siri, send an email to Peter.” She will then ask “What is the subject?”. You can then speak the subject of the email. She will then say “Ok, What would you like the email to say?”. You can then speak your email message. Please note you can speak punctuation like period, question mark, or comma. She will then say, “Ok, here’s your email message to Peter.” Are you ready to send it?”. You can say “yes” to send, “no” to cancel, or “add to it” to add more text to your email. You can then add more text to your message.
Read and Navigate Through Emails with Voiceover
- Turn on VoiceOver by saying “Hey Siri, VoiceOver on.
- Say “Hey Siri, Open Mail”.
- One finger swipe right to move forward through email list
- One finger swipe left to move backward through email list
- Open an email: One finger double tap when you hear the email you want to open
- Move from an open email back to email list: One finger swipe left until you hear “Inbox”, then one finger double tap
- Delete or move an individual email: One finger swipe up or down until you hear delete, then one finger double tap to delete
About the Author
Here are other useful Quick Reference Guides you might also find useful:
How Can We Help You Or A Loved One
Mr. Magnifier: If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with Macular Degeneration, our Mr. Magnifier handheld magnifiers are the perfect 1st Step for anyone with Macular Degeneration! Here’s a link to very helpful information, including a free Magnification Guide – https://nelowvision.com/mr-magnifier-lp/
Free Low Vision Guide: If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with low vision, we have created this complimentary Low Vision Guide a free resource to help you or loved one who has been diagnosed with Macular Degeneration or other low vision conditions. Click here to download a PDF of the entire report.
Corporate Brochure: Our comprehensive brochure outlines all of the helpful assistive technology and assistive training services we provide. Click here to download our Corporate Brochure.
Technology: We offer the latest and most advanced low vision and blindness technology supported by world-class personal service. We have nearly 100% of all major electronic low vision, blindness, and software products. Our complimentary, no-obligation demonstration on any of our products will make sure our clients are getting the right product for their specific eye condition. Click here to learn more.
Training: Assistive rehabilitation training services for people with low vision and blindness. We go to our clients - home, school, or business - training where they need it - from caring assistive technology professionals. Click here to learn more.
To learn more about how we can help you or a loved one, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness today. You can call our toll-free number 888-211-6933 or email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help.