Prodigi Connect 12 Portable Electronic Video Magnfier
We are thrilled to re-introduce Prodigi Connect 12 Second Generation, one of the most powerful and portable OCR digital magnifiers on the market for people with vision loss. The arrival of the second generation of Connect 12, brings with it the highly portable digital magnifier and a 12-inch tablet with an open Android platform – with desktop and distance viewing.
The new features are superior with its ease of use and integration for access to documents, apps, books, newspapers or magazines all from the online library and significant enhancements.
Smarter and more connected
With the second generation of Connect 12, it’s even smarter and more connected than all other low vision products and is the next evolution of the most advanced digital magnifier in the product line. The combined portability, precise customization to all visual conditions, wireless distance viewing – all offered by a 12-inch Android tablet – make Connect 12 second generation the preferred digital magnifier for students.
Ease of use and convenience
The enhanced simple to use interface allows students with vision loss to find all the information in one place. From the main screen, it’s easier than ever to select the right magnification for reviewing printed documents and reading a book or magazine. The new calculator app is built into the interface and allows the user to change the settings naturally. With basic gestures – read, magnify, adjust contract and more!
New book application
With the new software update, Connect 12-second generation the new integrated Books app provides access to one of the largest online book libraries through Bookshare to access thousands of books, magazines and newsletters easily on your portable wireless tablet.
A powerful tool for low vision users
As in the previous Connect 12, this second generation provides perfect Diamond-Edge text with multiple captures and exceptional processing speeds, allowing magnification up to 80x with perfect clarity and the highest resolution. With this second generation, low vision users can choose from three efficient reading modes – page, column or line. The Connect 12 also offers optional speech output on documents and menus with the specific purpose of reducing eye fatigue.
Distance viewing and portability
The large portable 12-inch full HD touchscreen provides a long-lasting 8-hour battery. The wireless distance viewing camera with up to 40x live magnification and a capture function fully integrated into the software which helps the low vision user view everything like never before. The additional connectivity, interactivity and portability make the Connect 12 one of the most powerful and user-friendly tools available for low vision students or anyone with vision loss.
Instantly connect with the world
Android access allows the user to easily connect to the internet with the selection of a single app. This is ideal for students with vision loss who can now enjoy free and open access to pre-installed apps such as: Google Docs, Drive, Gmail, Google+, Hangouts, and Google Chrome. Enjoy smartboard connectivity with Promethean, TeamViewer or VNC along with adaptive apps such as: BookShare, BARD, and Pyxima, makes this more than just a portable digital magnifier.
Prodigi Version 2.2.0 Now Available!
We are pleased to announce the release of Prodigi Connect 12 software version 2.2.0, a completely free update ready to download and install right now! This version includes several new features. Here are the highlights of this software update:
1. New Handwriting Tool:
- After capturing and saving a form, assignment or any document you want to write on.
- Zoom in to where you want to write and start writing or highlighting with your finger.
- Once you’re done, share your document by email, Dropbox or printer using the Prodigi Connect application.
Click here to watch the video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEl2XdCOj2s&t=153s
2. New HumanWare Bluetooth Keyboard
- New white on black HumanWare Bluetooth keyboard designed for the visually impaired user.
- Connect to the keyboard using the new Bluetooth setup menu found in Prodigi’s settings.
- Several shortcuts are available. For example: launch magnifier application, capture a document, start reading, zoom in & out, launch Prodigi settings, go back to Prodigi’s main menu and more.
Click here to watch video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzjbTK-hHrg&t=97s
- Point and read: long press a word in a captured document and start reading on that word.
- A letter, number, and special characters typed in a Prodigi text box will be read out loud.
- New show password button placed on the right of a password text file in Prodigi.
- RNIB BookShare support.
- New ISBN search in Books application.
- Talkback support in Prodigi.
Click here to watch the video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2_sef_be7A
4. Exit to Android: Use a four-finger or a five-finger press & hold to exit to Android from Prodigi.
Click here to watch the video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iozh-LAgYoA
Prodigi Version 3.0.0 Now Available! The First Paperless CCTV!
HumanWare is pleased to announce the release of Prodigi Connect 12 and MATT Connect software version 3.0.0, a completely free update ready to download and install right now! This version includes several new features. Here are the highlights of this software update:
1. Split Screen: Multitask: See at distance and take notes or read your notes at the same time on one screen. Be more productive! <Watch the video>
3. Help Application: Have a question? No problem, use the help application to view web capsules and past webinars and much more in future versions. <Watch the video>
4. New Procedure to Change Voices: We are laying down the foundations to offer more choices! <Watch the video>
5. New Run OCR Option: Run the OCR on an image that does not have OCR results.
6. Arabic Support: Prodigi Connect12 or MATT Connect more popular than ever! We now offer Prodigi connect or MATT Connect in Arabic!
For more details, please refer to the What’s New document. <Found here>.
Prodigi Version 4.2.0 Now Available! We are pleased to announce the release of Prodigi 4.2.0 software for both the Reveal 16i and the Prodigi Connect 12, a completely free update available right now! This version includes several new features. Here are the highlights of this software update:
1. New Proxy Connection Support <click here to watch the video>
2. Gallery Management <click here to watch the video> – It is easier than ever to manage your images with a more powerful and flexible gallery, including these new features:
- New quick settings menu
- Support for lower case letters in the image name
- Ability to renumber the first page in a document
- Go to page function in a document
- Ability to create up to 4 levels of subfolders
- New notes category. Take quick notes and organize them in the notes category
- Ability to move images from the distance folder to any folder in the root of the Gallery
3. Distance Application <click here to watch the video> – Full-screen distance image
<Click here> to read more about this upgrade.
Use this form to request information or free demonstration:
You can also call our toll free number 888-211-6933 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our two(2) state-of-the-art technology showrooms are a wonderful resource, showcasing a variety of leading electronic low vision magnifiers and blindness products. You can schedule an appointment with one of our Vision Specialists who can help you find the right technology, training and care solution.
If you cannot come to us, our staff can even drive out and bring our Vision Store to you, for a no-obligation product demonstration. We offer a comprehensive line of products including electronic magnification low vision aids, blindness products, and leading low vision products for people with glaucoma, macular degeneration and other forms of vision loss.