Top 20 Apps For People With Low Vision – From the Carroll Center Tech Fair
In case you missed it…..
With a seemingly endless number of apps available in the App Store, it can be tricky choosing which ones to install on your devices. We’ve got you covered! Our own Ashley Colburn, Vision Rehabilitation Instructor, and Nick Corbett, Technology Instructor, will share their go-to apps, programs, and smart assistant skills from the past year, especially those that have been critical during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. From productivity to shopping to health and fun, learn about what apps have can make a difference in your life today!
- Ashley Colburn, Vision Rehabilitation Instructor: email@example.com
- Nick Corbett, Technology Instructor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Top 20 Apps
- Aira and Be My Eyes: for sighted assistance.
- Zoom: for video conferencing.
- Instacart: for grocery shopping.
- Seeing AI: for optical character recognition.
- Lyft and Uber: for ridesharing.
- ProximiT: for public transit tracking.
- Microsoft OneDrive: for cloud storage.
- Microsoft Soundscape: for travel orientation.
- Fidelity Mobile Apps: for mobile/online banking.
- Lazarillo: for GPS info and navigation.
- Nest: for home thermostat control.
- Apple Podcasts: for podcast access.
- Netflix: for described video programming.
- BARD Mobile: for audio books.
- Voice Dream: for text to speech of documents and books.
- Eyes-Free Fitness: for exercise.
- MyChart: for medical communications.
- Alexa App: for mobile access to Alexa.
- Amazon: for online shopping.
- iRobot Home: for automated vacuuming
About New England Low Vision and Blindness
New England Low Vision and Blindness uniquely brings hope through technology, training, and care. We are a full-service assistive technology rehabilitation training provider. We offer nearly 100% of all major electronic low vision, blindness, and software products. and have two (2) assistive technology showroom centers – one in Worcester, MA, and a second in Shelton, CT.
At each of our technology showrooms, we provide ‘patient choice’ showcasing numerous technology options from the world’s most respected suppliers, all in line with one’s individualized budgetary limits and personal, educational, or professional goals. We also provide custom training solutions and troubleshooting support.
Widely known, tested, and trusted throughout New England, our team brings 75+ years of low vision experience. Our talent, technology, and training offerings are unmatched and highly respected. We are an extremely unique and extraordinary resource for anyone suffering from vision loss in New England. We are here to help.
Through our free demonstrations – either at one of our conveniently located assistive technology showrooms or in their home, office or school – clients experience a relaxed 2-hour free personal demonstration of almost 100% of all low vision and blindness technologies available on the market.
To learn more about how we Bring Hope to people who are blind or with low vision, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness please call our toll-free number 888-211-6933 or email us at email@example.com.