BrailleBox V5 Production Braille Embosser
The Braille Box V5 is a perfect fit for any braille production setting. It is designed with both performance and style in mind. The Braille Box V5 has a small footprint that fits on most desks, and with amazing noise canceling properties, the Braille Box V5 is regarded as one of the quietest high production braille embossers on the market.
- Speed – Braille Box V5 speed is 300 characters per second – this is fastest production embosser at this price point
- Capacity – Braille Box V5 can hold up to 400 sheets at a time – High capacity production
- Paper – Braille Box V5 can support 11″x17″ braille sizes, and uses large cut-sheet paper
- Quality – Braille Box V5 graphics are tactile high resolution, and double-sided.
- Formatting – Braille Box V5 offers seamless book printing, and magazine format embossing is automatic
- Connectivity – Braille Box V5 connects wirelessly, using onboard bluetooth and wifi.
- Quiet – Braille Box V5 is the quietest production quality braille embosser resulting from a case which absorbs sounds
Braille Box V5 is a contemporary masterpiece for Index Braille and the production braille embossing market. The Braille Box V5 has set the new standard for high speed braille production and for high volume braille production printing on cut sheet paper. This is a braille embosser that fulfills user needs in a way that no braille printer has ever done before.
Packed with meaningful features, Braille Box V5 delivers so much more than competitor production braille embossers at 300 characters per second.
Loaded with cutting-edge technology, Braille Box V5 is smaller; lighter, more affordable and easier to operate for both sighted and visually impaired users with the braille and ink printed interface panel.
In a braille production environment where speed is essential, you can be assured the Braille Box V5 from Index is a perfect fit! Embossing at 300CPS this double-sided braille embosser uses large, cut- sheet paper to emboss magazine format automatically taking the busy work out of braille book production.
This modern solution for braille production is flexible and works great in any environment! With an embedded web interface this embosser works great for users who prefer to navigate the printer over the internet and its easy new user interface also makes it great for users who prefer to control the embosser at the machine itself.
Videos and Hot Fix Links
- Library of several helpful videos
- FanFold-D getting started
- BrailleBox getting started
- Web Interface to Monitor V5 Printers
- Hot fix 2019-11-13
February-02-2020 Firmware Update for V5 embossers – Index BrailleApp. <Click Here to Learn More>
The Index BrailleApp is a game-changer of Braille editors. It is included free-of-charge, for an unlimited number of users in all Index V5 printers.
- Braille editor with Previewing, editing and saving of the braille document
- Braille layout monitoring, selection and editing
- Monitoring of the embosser, status, update, network, Bluetooth and USB memory stick
- Communication setup, network and Bluetooth
Index BrailleApp is available in all Index V5 printers, connected to a LAN and upgraded to the latest firmware.
Braille Printing Made Easy
By using the BrailleApp and any V5 printer a standard document may be printed in braille without additional software or braille knowledge.
- Index BrailleApp is available in all Index V5 printers, connected to a LAN and upgraded to the latest firmware.
- Supports literary and contracted braille in more than 150 languages (Liblouis table)
- Intuitive setup. The BrailleApp uses the translation and formatting parameters defined by the printer’s active layout.
- Easy to use, no license or registration is required.
- Supports operating systems such as Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, Unix.
- Supports standard browsers such as Internet Chrome, Safari, Firefox.
- Select the browse button in the BrailleApp home page. Select your standard file (.doc, docx, pdf, ePub).
- Press “preview”. Now the braille text will be presented on your screen,
- Braille presentation is default. It can be edited by six-key-entry where f=1, d=2, s=3, j=4, k=5 and l=6 or any dot combination.
- MIT Ascii. In this window the braille text is presented as corresponding standard American text. The braille document may be edited with a standard keyboard.
- Text representation is generated with the back translation in Liblouis. The text window cannot be edited.
- To print, go to Braille representation, select number of copies/range and print.
- The edited braille file may be saved.
Label printing features in the BrailleApp:
- Setup of user defined label including size, margins, position, number of labels etc.
- Printing of single and double sided labels
- Supports Index V5 printers
Donation Program 2020
Index Braille will donate one set of Index Everest-D V5 with an Acoustic Hood Everest, free of charge.
Index believes in the possibility to improve braille literacy for the blind.
The donation program is open for new applications until the end of 2020.
<Click here to learn more about the Index Donation Program>
Here’s a helpful comparison chart to help you decide:
Free Demonstration: Use this form to request information or free demonstration:
How Can We Help You Or A Loved One
- Buddy App: Have you been having a difficult time learning how to use a HumanWare product? The HumanWare Buddy App is the perfect tool to learn, teach and interact with HumanWare’s products. <Click here to learn more.>
- eBook: If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with Macular Degeneration, we have prepared a 12-part eBook <Click here to download a PDF of the entire report.>
Smart Home: Our Smart Home services can help design a solution to help you or a loved one remain independent by using the many features of a Smart Home. <Click here to learn more.>
Bring Hope: We Bring Hope to people who are blind or visually impaired through the many products and services we offer. <Click here to learn more about our Bring Hope services.>
Convenience: Our two(2) state-of-the-art technology showrooms are a wonderful resource, showcasing a variety of leading electronic low vision magnifiers and blindness products. You can schedule an appointment with one of our Technology Specialist who can help you find the right technology, training and care solution. If you cannot come to us, our staff can even drive out and bring our Vision Store to you, for a no-obligation product demonstration.
To learn more about this or any of our products and services or to schedule a no obligation demonstration, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness to learn more. You can also call our toll free number 888-211-6933 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our two(2) state-of-the-art technology showrooms are a wonderful resource, showcasing a variety of leading electronic low vision magnifiers and blindness products. You can schedule an appointment with one of our Technology Specialist who can help you find the right technology, training and care solution.
If you cannot come to us, our staff can even drive out and bring our Vision Store to you, for a no-obligation product demonstration. We offer a comprehensive line of products including electronic magnification low vision aids, blindness products, and leading low vision products for people with glaucoma, macular degeneration and other forms of vision loss.