Focus 40 Blue 5th Generation Braille Display
Refreshable Braille Display – 5th Generation!
The fifth generation of the Focus 40 Blue braille display is more rugged and stronger than ever. We’ve built the housing from aluminum and steel, added bumpers to absorb shock, and physically isolated the Braille cells to create a Braille display to meet the demands of the active user.
And, like previous Focus Blue models, the fifth generation is lightweight and compact with a user-friendly keyboard and control layout. You can have up to five Bluetooth connections so that you can easily connect to iOS and Android™ devices such as smartphones, iPads®, and tablets. You can also use the Perkins-style keyboard for effortless Braille text input to control your computer. When you combine the Focus 40 Blue with JAWS®, you have the ultimate in speech and Braille access to your computer.
Focus Blue 5th Generation Firmware Update 5.82-14 Available Now (October-2021)
This update includes the following changes:
- Scratchpad Improvements:
- Scratchpad has been completely reworked to provide improved overall performance when opening, editing, and saving files.
- Added several commands based on customer feedback:
- Added a new Advance menu containing the following options to help improve the reading experience: Word Wrap, Reverse Panning, Hide Cursor, Hide Dots 7 and 8.
- The new One-Handed Mode feature allows users who are unable to enter data using two hands to use the Focus display.
- Bluetooth pairing code no longer required by default.
- The Focus now supports Flash Messages, which are short informational messages that appear on the display for only a few seconds.
<Click here> to learn more and access the download
Focus Blue 5th Generation Firmware Update 5.81-58 Available Now
This update includes the following changes:
- Support for opening Spanish Braille (BRA) files in the Scratchpad when the Focus language is set to Spanish.
- General performance improvements when using the Scratchpad. These include:
- The low battery warning is now displayed, and
- improved messages indicating when a file is not editable
- If the display was left unattended for an extended period of time, you no longer have to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable to resume braille output
IMPORTANT: This update is for the Focus Blue 5th generation braille displays. DO NOT install this firmware on older Focus 14 Blue, Focus 40 Blue, or Focus 80 Blue 4th Generation braille displays. The 5th generation Focus Blue braille displays have a Menu button between keys 1 and 4 on the Perkins-style keyboard. If your display has a Menu button, follow these instructions to upgrade the display.
<Click here> to learn more and access the download.
About New England Low Vision and Blindness
New England Low Vision and Blindness uniquely brings hope through technology, training, and care. We are a full-service assistive technology rehabilitation training provider. We offer nearly 100% of all major electronic low vision, blindness, and software products, multiple assistive technology showrooms and a team of Vision Technology Rehabilitation Trainers to help anyone who is visually impaired.
We provide ‘patient choice’ showcasing numerous technology options from the world’s most respected suppliers, all in line with one’s individualized budgetary limits and personal, educational, or professional goals. We also provide custom training solutions and troubleshooting support.
Widely known, tested, and trusted throughout New England, our team brings 75+ years of low and blindness vision experience. Our talent, technology, and training offerings are unmatched and highly respected. We are an extremely unique and extraordinary resource for anyone suffering from vision loss in New England. We are here to help.
Through our no-obligation demonstrations - either at one of our conveniently located assistive technology showrooms or in their home, office, or school - clients experience a relaxed 2-hour no-obligation personal demonstration of almost 100% of all low vision and blindness technologies available on the market.
To learn more about how we Bring Hope to people who are blind or with low vision, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness please call our toll-free number 888-211-6933 or email us at email@example.com. You can also use the form above to request information about our services or a no-obligation demonstration on this or any of our products.