Victor Reader Stratus 12M with WiFi
The simplest and friendliest audiobook player
The Victor Reader Stratus is a simple, easy-to-use audiobook player. The Victor Reader Stratus comes in a new look enclosure that is smaller and lighter on the outside yet smarter and better sounding on the inside. Unlike the previous generation, the Stratus plays multimedia books and music from CDs, SD cards and USB flash drives.
All Victor Reader Stratus models feature large, tactile, high-contrast keys, a built-in speaker and headphone jack, and self-voicing controls, making it simply the friendliest audiobook player around.
You can take and operate your Victor Reader Stratus anywhere, using its rechargeable battery and integrated carrying handle.
It’s all about choice
Choose any of the Stratus4 models with its simple 4-arrow keypad to easily navigate novels, magazines, and newspapers.
Students and professionals may prefer the Stratus12 models with its telephone-style number pad for navigation to specific pages in highly structured publications such as reference and textbooks.
For those who like the most simple operation possible, attaching the optional keypad cover hides all but the most essential keys to simulate a traditional cassette player.
In addition to playing CDs, the Stratus M model supports additional media sources, including USB flash memory and an SD card. With the Stratus M’s built-in text-to-speech capability, you can even play computer text documents saved to these external media.
The VR Stratus Reading Experience
- Browse text and recorded DAISY books by chapter, section, subsection, phrase.
- Navigate MP3 books and music, moving by folder, file, and specific time jumps.
- Move through text files by sentence, paragraph, word, or even spell words.
All content is organized via the popular Victor Reader bookshelf categories. The bookshelves contain DAISY books, commercial audiobooks, music files, and text files.
Never lose your place
For every title, your Stratus will automatically resume reading where you left off, regardless of how many books you are reading.
The bookmark key marks important points in any type of book, audio file, or computer document.
Go to page
Enter a page number using the Stratus12’s number pad and go directly to that page just like turning to a specific page in a printed book. Ideal for reference books, cookbooks or textbooks.
What’s in the box
- CD User’s guide 4M or 12M
- Getting Started 4 or 12
- Warranty multilingual
- AC adapter NA
Features – It’s all about usability
- Variable speed: Increase playback speed to read more quickly
- Portable: Integrated handle and rechargeable battery
- Sleep timer: A great way to enjoy reading before bed
- Digital sound quality: Enjoy great sound quality for books and music
- Information key: Announces book info (title, total/elapsed/remaining time, total pages/headings)
- Where am I key: Always know where you are in a book (page, chapter, headings, etc.)
- Key describer: Announces the functions of each key
There’s a Victor Reader Stratus for you. Every Victor Reader Stratus model offers a choice of 4-arrow or 12-key number pad.
- Plays DAISY, Audio and MP3 CDs
- Dimensions: 22 x 21.6 x 4.8 cm (8.7 x 8.5 x 1.9 in.)
- Weight: 0.95 kg (2.1 lbs.) with battery
- DAISY formats supported: 2.0 and 2.0.2
- ANSI/NISO Z39.86 2002/2005 (DAISY 3)
- Rechargeable Li-Polymer battery
- Recharging time: 4 hours
- Operating time: 10 hours for continuous play of DAISY MP3 books
- Coding algorithms: AAC, AMR-WB+, FLAC, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Speex, WAV
- Text-to-speech: Acapella (Stratus M) to play BRF, DOCX, RTF, TXT, HTML, XML files
- Power jack: 2.5 mm (interior) / 5.5 mm (exterior)
- Headphone jack: 3.5 mm
- Firmware upgrade via CD or SD/USB (Stratus M)
We Are Here To Help
To learn more about this or any of our products and services or to schedule a no obligation demonstration, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness to learn more. You can also call our toll free number 888-211-6933 or email us at email@example.com.
Our two(2) state-of-the-art technology showrooms are a wonderful resource, showcasing a variety of leading electronic low vision magnifiers and blindness products. You can schedule an appointment with one of our Technology Specialist who can help you find the right technology, training and care solution.
If you cannot come to us, our staff can even drive out and bring our Vision Store to you, for a no-obligation product demonstration. We offer a comprehensive line of products including electronic magnification low vision aids, blindness products, and leading low vision products for people with glaucoma, macular degeneration and other forms of vision loss.