Focus 14 Blue 5th Generation Braille Display
Focus 14 Blue Generation 5 – Ultra-Portable Braille Display!
The fifth generation of the Focus 14 Blue braille display is more rugged and stronger than ever. We’ve built the housing from aluminum and steel, added bumpers to absorb shock, and physically isolated the Braille cells to create a Braille display to meet the demands of the active user.
The Focus 14 Blue combines comfort, portability, and advanced features for the ultimate go-anywhere Braille interface device. A highly responsive 8-dot keyboard and seamless USB-C and Bluetooth® 4.1 connectivity make the Focus 14 Blue the ideal note-taking companion for smartphones, iPads®, tablets and other mobile devices.
Focus® 14 Blue Generation 5, the most RUGGED portable Braille Display available, has been drop tested to US Military Standard MIL-STD-810G.
- 14 Braille cells
- 8-dot Braille keyboard
- Smooth, paper-like feel
- Convenient thumb key and panning buttons
- Our exclusive NAV Rockers let you rapidly scroll by line, sentence, paragraph, or pan through a document
- Menu button for quick access to settings
- Adjustable key repeat for rapid scrolling and panning
- Select your personal Braille firmness with VariBraille
- Time and Date display
Compatibility and Connectivity
- Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity – switch between five Bluetooth devices
- USB 3.1c micro connector – always right-side-up
- USB connector engineered to “float” and resist breaking
- Perfect companion for smartphone, tablet, or laptop
Click Here to view the user’s guide for this product.
Focus Blue 5th Generation Firmware Update 5.81-58 Available Now
This update includes the following changes:
- Support for opening Spanish Braille (BRA) files in the Scratchpad when the Focus language is set to Spanish.
- General performance improvements when using the Scratchpad. These include:
- The low battery warning is now displayed, and
- improved messages indicating when a file is not editable
- If the display was left unattended for an extended period of time, you no longer have to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable to resume braille output
IMPORTANT: This update is for the Focus Blue 5th generation braille displays. DO NOT install this firmware on older Focus 14 Blue, Focus 40 Blue, or Focus 80 Blue 4th Generation braille displays. The 5th generation Focus Blue braille displays have a Menu button between keys 1 and 4 on the Perkins-style keyboard. If your display has a Menu button, follow these instructions to upgrade the display.
<Click here> to learn more and access the download.
About New England Low Vision and Blindness
New England Low Vision and Blindness uniquely brings hope through technology, training, and care. We are a full-service assistive technology rehabilitation training provider. We offer nearly 100% of all major electronic low vision, blindness, and software products, multiple assistive technology showrooms and a team of Vision Technology Rehabilitation Trainers to help anyone who is visually impaired.
We provide ‘patient choice’ showcasing numerous technology options from the world’s most respected suppliers, all in line with one’s individualized budgetary limits and personal, educational, or professional goals. We also provide custom training solutions and troubleshooting support.
Widely known, tested, and trusted throughout New England, our team brings 75+ years of low and blindness vision experience. Our talent, technology, and training offerings are unmatched and highly respected. We are an extremely unique and extraordinary resource for anyone suffering from vision loss in New England. We are here to help.
Through our no-obligation demonstrations - either at one of our conveniently located assistive technology showrooms or in their home, office, or school - clients experience a relaxed 2-hour free personal demonstration of almost 100% of all low vision and blindness technologies available on the market.
To learn more about how we Bring Hope to people who are blind or with low vision, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness please call our toll-free number 888-211-6933 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use the form above to request information about our services or a no-obligation demonstration on this or any of our products.