FanFold-D V5 Braille Production/Departmental Embosser
The FanFold-DV5 is a truly affordable high-speed, single-tractor-fed braille printer, and at an affordable price. Some of the features include:
- 1000 pages per hour
- Low noise level
- Streamlined, simple construction
- Easy maintenance
- Intelligent user interface
Traditional High-Speed Fanfold Paper
Continuous fanfold paper is traditionally the most popular format in braille high volume production printing. This enables the printing of a full box of paper without the need to monitor.
The noise level of the Fanfold-D V5 is the lowest among high-speed braille printers and has been achieved by:
- Fully sealed unit including paper in and out bins
- Installation of mufflers for ventilation
- Acoustic hood with internal noise-damping hood
Here are some important information and links to review:
- Fanfold sound sample: https://youtu.be/UHVnCraG1dw
- The narrated presentation on the Humanware YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/2a7ghUg7mHo
- Setting up your Fanfold DV5 before delivery https://youtu.be/3tGE8iA9Ey4
- The many benefits of the FanFold-D V5 Braille – The Affordable Departmental Embosser <click here>
- FanFold-D V5 embosser images: Link to Flickr Album
Videos and Hot Fix Links
- Library of several helpful videos
- FanFold-D getting started
- BrailleBox getting started
- Web Interface to Monitor V5 Printers
- Hot fix 2019-11-13
Index BrailleApp is available in all Index V5 printers, connected to a LAN and upgraded to the latest firmware.
Braille Printing Made Easy
By using the BrailleApp and any V5 printer a standard document may be printed in braille without additional software or braille knowledge.
- Index BrailleApp is available in all Index V5 printers, connected to a LAN and upgraded to the latest firmware.
- Supports literary and contracted braille in more than 150 languages (Liblouis table)
- Intuitive setup. The BrailleApp uses the translation and formatting parameters defined by the printer’s active layout.
- Easy to use, no license or registration is required.
- Supports operating systems such as Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, Unix.
- Supports standard browsers such as Internet Chrome, Safari, Firefox.
Select the browse button in the BrailleApp home page. Select your standard file (.doc, docx, pdf, ePub).
- Press “preview”. Now the braille text will be presented on your screen,
- Braille presentation is default. It can be edited by six-key-entry where f=1, d=2, s=3, j=4, k=5 and l=6 or any dot combination.
- MIT Ascii. In this window the braille text is presented as corresponding standard American text. The braille document may be edited with a standard keyboard.
- Text representation is generated with the back translation in Liblouis. The text window cannot be edited.
- To print, go to Braille representation, select number of copies/range and print.
- The edited braille file may be saved.
Braille Labels – Label printing features in the BrailleApp:
- Setup of user defined label including size, margins, position, number of labels etc.
- Printing of single and double sided labels
- Supports Index V5 printers
February-02-2020 Firmware Update for V5 embossers – Index BrailleApp. <Click Here to Learn More>
The Index BrailleApp is a game-changer of Braille editors. It is included free-of-charge, for an unlimited number of users in all Index V5 printers.
- Braille editor with Previewing, editing and saving of the braille document
- Braille layout monitoring, selection and editing
- Monitoring of the embosser, status, update, network, Bluetooth and USB memory stick
- Communication setup, network and Bluetooth
Here’s a helpful comparison chart to help you decide:
Free Demonstration: Use this form to request information or free demonstration:
How Can We Help You Or A Loved One
- Buddy App: Have you been having a difficult time learning how to use a HumanWare product? The HumanWare Buddy App is the perfect tool to learn, teach and interact with HumanWare’s products. <Click here to learn more.>
- eBook: If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with Macular Degeneration, we have prepared a 12-part eBook <Click here to download a PDF of the entire report.>
Smart Home: Our Smart Home services can help design a solution to help you or a loved one remain independent by using the many features of a Smart Home. <Click here to learn more.>
Bring Hope: We Bring Hope to people who are blind or visually impaired through the many products and services we offer. <Click here to learn more about our Bring Hope services.>
Convenience: Our two(2) state-of-the-art technology showrooms are a wonderful resource, showcasing a variety of leading electronic low vision magnifiers and blindness products. You can schedule an appointment with one of our Technology Specialist who can help you find the right technology, training and care solution. If you cannot come to us, our staff can even drive out and bring our Vision Store to you, for a no-obligation product demonstration.
To learn more about this or any of our products and services or to schedule a no obligation demonstration, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness to learn more. You can also call our toll free number 888-211-6933 or email us at email@example.com.
Our two(2) state-of-the-art technology showrooms are a wonderful resource, showcasing a variety of leading electronic low vision magnifiers and blindness products. You can schedule an appointment with one of our Technology Specialist who can help you find the right technology, training and care solution.
If you cannot come to us, our staff can even drive out and bring our Vision Store to you, for a no-obligation product demonstration. We offer a comprehensive line of products including electronic magnification low vision aids, blindness products, and leading low vision products for people with glaucoma, macular degeneration and other forms of vision loss.