Both near & distance viewing – same time, same screen
The lightweight Mercury 13 Portable Magnifier allows users to view both near & distance at the same time, on the same screen. A 2nd monitor is included for added viewing field. Along with built-in OCR, the Surface Pro tablet PC provides easy access to the Web, Zoom, Google Drive, e-mail, video recording, and anything you expect to do on a PC. Plus, users receive a large print bluetooth keyboard with a built-in track pad for easy mouse steering.
All-in-one low vision system
The Mercury 13 Portable Magnifier is a complete low vision system designed to replace a laptop, a magnifier and an OCR device. It’s powered by the latest Microsoft Windows tablet, the Surface Pro 8 with a large 13-inch screen to maximize viewing area. It folds into a compact size and fits into a laptop-size bag for maximum portability.
Listen to printed text and documents
The Mercury 13 Portable Magnifier includes highly accurate OCR to convert the printed word into text-to-speech. Documents can be stored and retrieved later to be spoken aloud in a variety of voices and languages. Various reading modes allow for the best possible experience.
Integrated USB Hub and LED
The Mercury 13 Portable Magnifier has an integrated USB Hub for peripherals such as a thumb drive and a bright LED to illuminate documents being read in a low-light environment. No separate charging cables are required as everything is powered by the tablet’s own battery using an integrated USB cable. This means there is only one device to charge and fewer wires to carry.
The Mercury 13 Portable Magnifier doubles the screen displays by adding an optional second screen on top. The lightweight screen can be angled for viewing comfort and is powered by a single cable connected to the tablet’s USB-C Port, which means no wall outlet is needed.
Who is the Mercury 13 Portable Magnifier for:
- Anyone who wants a device that functions as a Windows laptop as well as a CCTV
- Students who need it for reading, writing, taking notes as well as distance reading from a white/blackboard
- Professionals who need it for participating and viewing presentations, as well as reading handouts
Powered by Microsoft’s Surface tablet – the Mercury 13 Portable Magnifier is compatible with all your existing Windows software. Can magnify a whole A4 page, books and easily reads any page with accurate text recognition and natural voices.
- Distance Camera: Comes with an Orion Camera that enables distance viewing – up to 15 Feet as well as full 360-degree rotation
- Portable: The entire stand easily folds up with the tablet to a 15″ laptop size and can be kept in a laptop bag or backpack
- Magnify: Is able to magnify a whole A4 page, books, and much more
- Read Text: Easily reads any page with accurate text recognition and natural voices
- Windows Based Laptop: Powered by Microsoft’s Surface tablet – compatible with all your existing Windows software
- 13 Inch HD Screen
- Powered by Microsoft Surface Pro 8
- Live Magnification
- Full Page Accurate recognition (OCR)
- Multiple Contrast Color Schemes
- 8 MegaPixel HD Camera
- Distance/Near Split screen capability
- Menu & Reading capability in Multiple Languages
- Natural Sounding Voices
- Large Print keyboard & Trackpad included
- Video Stabilization
- Additional monitor option
- Integrated LED Light & USB Hub
- Foldable stand
- Up to 8 hours of battery (Laptop Mode)
About New England Low Vision and Blindness
New England Low Vision and Blindness uniquely brings hope through technology, training, and care. We are a full-service assistive technology rehabilitation training provider. We offer nearly 100% of all major electronic low vision, blindness, and software products, multiple assistive technology showrooms and a team of Vision Technology Rehabilitation Trainers to help anyone who is visually impaired.
We provide ‘patient choice’ showcasing numerous technology options from the world’s most respected suppliers, all in line with one’s individualized budgetary limits and personal, educational, or professional goals. We also provide custom training solutions and troubleshooting support.
Widely known, tested, and trusted throughout New England, our team brings 75+ years of low and blindness vision experience. Our talent, technology, and training offerings are unmatched and highly respected. We are an extremely unique and extraordinary resource for anyone suffering from vision loss in New England. We are here to help.
Through our no-obligation demonstrations - either at one of our conveniently located assistive technology showrooms or in their home, office, or school - clients experience a relaxed 2-hour no-obligation personal demonstration of almost 100% of all low vision and blindness technologies available on the market.
To learn more about how we Bring Hope to people who are blind or with low vision, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness please call our toll-free number 888-211-6933 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use the form above to request information about our services or a no-obligation demonstration on this or any of our products.