Mantis Q40 QWERTY Keyboard and Braille Display
Federal Quota Eligible
A First-Of-Its-Kind Keyboard And Refreshable Braille Display
Keep braille at your fingertips anytime, anywhere, with the Mantis Q40: a first-of-its-kind Bluetooth® keyboard and 40-cell refreshable braille display from HumanWare and APH. With the Mantis, students and professionals no longer need to choose between a keyboard or a braille device – at the same time a professional or a student is typing on the Mantis, the refreshable braille below the keyboard is providing a multimodal braille complement to the screen reader, making it easier to participate in, and succeed at school or at work.
Simple, Easy, Smart, and Enjoyable
Pair the Mantis Q40 with your screen-reader and laptop or smartphone. As you type on the Mantis’ comfortable laptop-sized keys, the refreshable braille line below the keyboard simultaneously provides braille reinforcement to your chosen screen reader via a Bluetooth or USB connection.
Use on the go as an autonomous all-in-one braille reader and notepad.
Mantis Q40 includes onboard memory and Editor application allowing you to make, save and share quick notes on the move.
Make the most of your time; Mantis’ Book Reader application allows you to open and read work documents, school assignments and the latest novel from your favourite author, in crisp refreshable braille.
The Braille Display That Answers Your Needs
HumanWare’s core mission is to offer innovative products to people with visual impairments that allow them to live independently and compete effectively in today’s world. HumanWare and APH are proud to introduce Mantis Q40, an innovative tool that answers the basic needs of people with visual impairments looking for a QWERTY keyboard with a 40-cell display to use at work or at school.
- Windows 8 and above using JAWS 18+, NVDA, and Narrator
- MacOS 10.15.+ Catalina
- iOS 13.5.1+
- All-in-one, full-size QWERTY laptop-style keyboard and built-in 40-cell refreshable braille display – students and professionals no longer need to sacrifice the use of braille when using a keyboard.
- Supports up to 5 Bluetooth connections, along with one USB connection.
- Functions as another device’s keyboard when connected via USB or Bluetooth; functions as a stand-alone device when not connected.
- Online library access such as Bookshare.
- Toggles between QWERTY and Perkins-style input when using the onboard smart applications only. Does not apply when connected to a host device.
- Supports .doc, .docx, .txt, .brf, and .brl files.
- Thin and lightweight, easily fits in a laptop bag or backpack.
- <Click here to review the Braille Reader Differences>
- <Click here to access Release Notes 1.2.0, October 2021>
- <Click here to access Release Notes 1.1.1, May 2021>
About New England Low Vision and Blindness
New England Low Vision and Blindness uniquely brings hope through technology, training, and care. We are a full-service assistive technology rehabilitation training provider. We offer nearly 100% of all major electronic low vision, blindness, and software products, multiple assistive technology showrooms and a team of Vision Technology Rehabilitation Trainers to help anyone who is visually impaired.
We provide ‘patient choice’ showcasing numerous technology options from the world’s most respected suppliers, all in line with one’s individualized budgetary limits and personal, educational, or professional goals. We also provide custom training solutions and troubleshooting support.
Widely known, tested, and trusted throughout New England, our team brings 75+ years of low and blindness vision experience. Our talent, technology, and training offerings are unmatched and highly respected. We are an extremely unique and extraordinary resource for anyone suffering from vision loss in New England. We are here to help.
Through our no-obligation demonstrations - either at one of our conveniently located assistive technology showrooms or in their home, office, or school - clients experience a relaxed 2-hour free personal demonstration of almost 100% of all low vision and blindness technologies available on the market.
To learn more about how we Bring Hope to people who are blind or with low vision, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness please call our toll-free number 888-211-6933 or email us at email@example.com. You can also use the form above to request information about our services or a no-obligation demonstration on this or any of our products.