Job Opening: Assistive Technology Specialist
New England Low Vision and Blindness (NELVB) is growing and looking to hire an Assistive Technology Specialist.
We have openings for full-time, part-time and contract.
Our Low Vision Technology Rehabilitation team works together to cross-train and share the latest innovations in low vision and blindness technology with educators, students, consumers, veterans, and state and federal government agencies.
The Assistive Technology Specialist teaches clients who are blind and visually impaired, and those who work with them, to use assistive technology in schools, businesses, homes, and for everyday purposes.
The qualified candidate will perform all types of assistive technology services to all age groups, including but not limited to technology assessments, product recommendations, set-up, configuration, training, and troubleshooting. The candidate will be mandated to use every possible resource in order to assist clients to achieve their goals. The candidate will generate training and assessment reports, respond to technology questions submitted to New England Low Vision and Blindness, and perform other duties as assigned.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
In this role, the qualified candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Provide comprehensive technology evaluation services in the client’s home, school, or office.
- Assess the individual’s vision loss needs and work with them to design a flexible, caring, and customized training solution around their individual needs and their technology experience.
- Work with our clients to set up and configure low vision and blindness aids to best suit their needs and environment.
- Train, evaluate, and support adaptive technology for the visually impaired and help them develop the skills necessary to remain independent.
- Work with other members of the NELVB Low Vision Technology Rehabilitation team to share knowledge and collaborate to help further strengthen our market leadership position.
- Full-Time: $50,000; Company Car; 401K match; 2 weeks vacation; PTO Health/Medical benefits
- Part-Time or 1099: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
Note: Compensation can be commensurable with experience and hours customized to individual needs.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
<Click here to learn more about the Assistive Technology Specialist & Trainer position and how to apply>
Lack of confidence or experience can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. New England Low Vision and Blindness is a place where everyone can grow. So, whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day.