Introducing the BrailleSense 6 Mini – Lightweight Champion Notetaker
You don’t need to compromise power and performance for size. With the BrailleSense 6 mini, you can read books, write reports, complete assignments, send emails, share documents, and stay connected. The BrailleSense 6 Mini is built to go with you, where you need to go. Designed to be highly portable and powerful, it is the ultimate notetaker when you’re on the go.
Software at Light Speed
The BrailleSense mini includes our custom applications that make it a great choice at school, at work, and at home. Our braille-first approach means less frustration and easier use.
Small on Size, Big on Performance
- 20-cell braille display and an 11-key Perkins-style keyboard
- Direct access to Android applications – download apps from Google Play Store
- Great for students – utilize Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides and many more!
- Extensive math tools for teachers and students
- Input math equations directly into the word processor app – no need to switch between applications and no line limitations
- Create & edit graphs using the Polaris Math graphing app, then export images into word processor app to share with sighted teachers or peers
- Use the tactile preview mode in the graphing app to preview the graph tactilely
- Powerful Organization Tools – access schedule manager, sync contacts, appointments and email using your google account
- Designed to be upgradable for future versions of Android
- Google certified
The BrailleSense 6 mini is built to go with you without compromise. A long lasting battery and streamline design makes for a perfect portable companion.
Braille First Applications
Write documents, send emails, download books, listen to podcasts, access Google Drive, and get things done with a full suite of applications built specifically for a braille notetaker.
11-Key Perkins-Style Keyboard
With a 20-cell Braille display and a 11-key Perkins-style keyboard with Ctrl and Alt Keys, BrailleSense 6 mini looks and feels like a traditional notetaker. However, its competitive modern hardware and connectivity, along with direct access to Android applications, ensure it stacks up solidly against modern off-the-shelf phones and tablets.
Updated Operating System
Keep your device compatible with applications and security longer with Android 10, the latest Android OS on any notetaker and a guaranteed future Android upgrade.
Apps load instantly, multitasking is fast, presentations are seamless and large files load faster with an 8-core CPU, 6 GB RAM, and double the storage.
- Android 12: The latest operating system in a braille notetaker
- Octa-Core CPU: Increased performance for multitasking and meeting demands of powerful apps
- 128 GB Storage: For keeping all of your files with you, no matter the size
- 6 GB of Memory: For when you need to get things done fast without the lag
- Share Visually with USB-C: Ditch the screen and share visually with a single cord, just as it should be
- Ultimate Connectivity: Mix audio tracks, live stream video, and more with off-the-shelf peripherals
BrailleSense 6 Resources and Downloads
- BrailleSense 6 without the latest V1.7 update needs offline installation. Running the latest V1.7 allows online upgrade. If uncertain, recommended to use offline installation.
- BrailleSense 6 Latest Firmware: https://braillesense.s3.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/h632b/en12/H632B_system_57228.bin
- BrailleSense 6 Firmware Installation Instructions: https://hims-inc.com/download/offline-braillesense-firmware-installation/?wpdmdl=8876&masterkey=M7VnOpQN88aoxt02J-GlGQFCTD82TmvtyRLOmkvjZuNMwg-czYT1ujrY0hZ4sYrUMfdwCmgHW9xPhSNcgMIhub8JzQXxcHsMn49-McxmfX8
- BrailleSense 6 Release Notes: https://hims-inc.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Release-Note-for-BrailleSense-6-V2.0.docx
- BrailleSense 6 USB Driver: https://hims-inc.com/download/usb-driver/?wpdmdl=7589&masterkey=6129562eeb34b
- Sense Bible App:
- BrailleSense 6 Bible User Manual (.doc): https://hims-inc.com/download/braillesense-bible-user-manual-docx/?wpdmdl=7583&masterkey=612951abefecc
- BrailleSense 6 Bible App Download: https://hims-inc.com/download/sense-bible-app-download/?wpdmdl=7940&masterkey=61940922e62a7
- BrailleSense 6 Bible App Data: https://hims-inc.com/download/sensebible-app-data/?wpdmdl=7941&masterkey=6194095d1976b
- BrailleSense 6 Training Videos: https://hims-inc.com/bs6-resources/overview-videos/
- BrailleSense 6 Training Documents: https://hims-inc.com/bs6-resources/training-documents/
About New England Low Vision and Blindness
New England Low Vision and Blindness uniquely brings hope through technology, training, and care. We are a full-service assistive technology rehabilitation training provider. We offer nearly 100% of all major electronic low vision, blindness, and software products, multiple assistive technology showrooms and a team of Vision Technology Rehabilitation Trainers to help anyone who is visually impaired.
We provide ‘patient choice’ showcasing numerous technology options from the world’s most respected suppliers, all in line with one’s individualized budgetary limits and personal, educational, or professional goals. We also provide custom training solutions and troubleshooting support.
Widely known, tested, and trusted throughout New England, our team brings 75+ years of low and blindness vision experience. Our talent, technology, and training offerings are unmatched and highly respected. We are an extremely unique and extraordinary resource for anyone suffering from vision loss in New England. We are here to help.
Through our no-obligation demonstrations - either at one of our conveniently located assistive technology showrooms or in their home, office, or school - clients experience a relaxed 2-hour no-obligation personal demonstration of almost 100% of all low vision and blindness technologies available on the market.
To learn more about how we Bring Hope to people who are blind or with low vision, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness please call our toll-free number 888-211-6933 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use the form above to request information about our services or a no-obligation demonstration on this or any of our products.