Victor Reader Stream New Generation
Currently on sale!
Victor Reader Stream (New Generation)
The Victor Reader Stream is one of the lowest priced, smallest, smartest and simplest handheld media player for people who are blind and visually impaired.
The Victor Reader Stream digital talking book reader puts the latest novels, magazines, your favorite music, audio-described films, texts, and your own voice recordings, all in the palm of your hand for hours of listening pleasure.
The Victor Reader Stream digital talking book reader allows you to download books directly from BARD (Braille and Audio Reading Download) while reading another book at the same time, and it even keeps you up-to-date on the process status.
- Download books from BARD and from BookShare and magazines and newspapers from NFB News Line
- Download podcasts directly to your Victor Reader Stream.
- Listen to internet radio.
- Record short notes and entire lectures.
- Enjoy recorded music can also be enjoyed.
- All material is recorded on an SD card or to the device’s internal memory.
The Victor Reader Stream digital talking book reader is great for students, home use and at the office. The Victor Reader Stream is great for
- Students—to listen to textbooks, required reading materials and to record class lectures and listen to them later.
- Home Use—when you are relaxing for pleasure reading, to make quick memos, and for listening to your favorite books and digital media.
- At work—for note taking, listening to Word documents, presentations and for accessing and preparing presentation materials.
The Victor Stream is about the size of a package of large print playing cards so it conveniently fits in your pocket to take it with you and read whenever you have a few minutes to spare.
The telephone-style keypad has large, easy to use keys that give you total control over what you are reading or listening to. Move by page or chapter and mark passages you want to reread.
Victor Reader Stream’s new lightweight, compact design and wireless capabilities allow you to enjoy your favorite audio content ANYWHERE!
Now with Audible.com support!
The new Victor Reader Stream now plays content from Audible.com, one of the top content providers of audiobooks with over 100,000 titles.
Ready for the future of wireless content access
Imagine having the latest novels, magazines, your favorite music, audio-described films, texts, and your own voice recordings, all in the palm of your hand. With its new lightweight and compact design, Victor Reader Stream delivers hours of listening pleasure — ANYWHERE !
Far more than just another audio player, the new Stream’s wireless capabilities open up the world to people who are blind or visually impaired.
The new Victor Reader Stream is 28% smaller than its predecessor. Its new sleek design is thinner and features rounded shapes, making it more comfortable to hold.
The new Stream opens new possibilities for receiving content wirelessly, from books and newspapers to podcasts and radio. It also features a louder speaker, superior text-to-speech, and improved recording.
The high contrast, robust, tactile keypad and popular Victor Reader bookshelf navigation still make this Stream the easiest to use hand-held player on the market.
Features and Benefits:
The new Victor Reader Stream has been designed with user-friendly, real-world features.
- Replaceable battery recharges via your computer USB or USB AC adapter
- Built-in speaker and headphone jack
- Self-voicing controls
- Read at your pace by controlling playback speed
- Sleep key – playback stops if you fall asleep
- Information key announces book title, time elapsed/remaining, total pages and more
- Where Am I key announces reading position such as page, chapter, or song title
- Key describer announces the functions of each key
- High contrast, robust, tactile keypad for ease of use and long-term service
- Free software updates over wireless network
Record audio with a simple touch
Use the built-in microphone or your own stereo microphone to record voice notes, to-do lists, classroom lectures or from a line-in device.
Navigate quickly and easily
The new Stream has simple navigation making it easy to locate files, books, audio recordings quickly and simply with just a key press.
- Browse DAISY books by chapter, section, or phrase
- Move through text files by paragraph, sentence, word
- Go To Page key finds pages just like turning to a specific page in a printed book
- Never lose your place: your Stream automatically resumes where you left off
- Bookmark important passages – even record your own voice annotations
- Navigate MP3 books and music by folder or file
- Dimensions: 114 x 62 x 18 mm (4.5 x 2.4 x 0.7 in.)
- Weight: 110g (3.9 oz) including battery
- DAISY formats supported: 2.0, 2.0.2, and ANSI/NISO Z39.86 2002/2005 (DAISY 3)
- Audio formats: AAC, AMR-WB+, FLAC, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Speex, WAV,
- Text-to-speech: Acapela (2 voices) to play BRF, TEXT, HTML, XML, DOCX, EPUB
- SD slot supports up to 32GB SDHC cards
- Li-Ion battery. Rechargeable via USB or AC adapter.
- Recharging time: Up to 5 hours via AC adapter
- Operating time: Up to 15 hours on headphones (may vary depending on content and player settings)
- Micro USB port for connecting to external USB flash drives or computer or AC power adapter
- Built-in speaker and 3.5mm stereo headphone jack
- Microphone: Built-in mono and 3.5mm stereo jack
- Recording format: PCM Wav, MP3
- Real-time clock for date and time announcement
- Firmware upgrade via SD or online
About New England Low Vision and Blindness
New England Low Vision and Blindness uniquely brings hope through technology, training, and care. We are a full-service assistive technology rehabilitation training provider. We offer nearly 100% of all major electronic low vision, blindness, and software products, multiple assistive technology showrooms and a team of Vision Technology Rehabilitation Trainers to help anyone who is visually impaired.
We provide ‘patient choice’ showcasing numerous technology options from the world’s most respected suppliers, all in line with one’s individualized budgetary limits and personal, educational, or professional goals. We also provide custom training solutions and troubleshooting support.
Widely known, tested, and trusted throughout New England, our team brings 75+ years of low and blindness vision experience. Our talent, technology, and training offerings are unmatched and highly respected. We are an extremely unique and extraordinary resource for anyone suffering from vision loss in New England. We are here to help.
Through our no-obligation demonstrations - either at one of our conveniently located assistive technology showrooms or in their home, office, or school - clients experience a relaxed 2-hour free personal demonstration of almost 100% of all low vision and blindness technologies available on the market.
To learn more about how we Bring Hope to people who are blind or with low vision, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness please call our toll-free number 888-211-6933 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use the form above to request information about our services or a no-obligation demonstration on this or any of our products.