Focus 80 Blue 5th Generation Braille Display
New Rugged Design
The low-profile Focus 80 Blue has 80 cells of paper-like Braille, an ultra-responsive Braille keyboard, and user-friendly controls so you can work comfortably and efficiently for hours. Built-in Bluetooth® and USB connections let you work with two computers and toggle between them without losing your place. Use with the JAWS® screen reader to navigate Windows® and enter contracted Braille with the Perkins-style keyboard.
The streamlined Focus 80 Blue has an ergonomic control layout designed for natural hand placement, economy of movement, and comfort during long working sessions. Our exclusive NAV rockers offer smooth navigation by line, sentence, paragraph, and focus panning to swiftly move through large documents and get right to the section you need to read or edit.
The Focus Blue 80 braille display is built to the same rugged standards as other fifth-generation Focus Blue braille displays. We’ve built the housing from aluminum and steel, added bumpers to absorb shock, and physically isolated the braille cells to create a braille display to meet the demands of everyday use.
Like previous Focus Blue models, the fifth generation has a user-friendly keyboard and control layout. You can have up to five Bluetooth connections so you can easily connect to iOS and Android™ devices such as smartphones, iPads®, and tablets. You can also use the Perkins-style keyboard for effortless Braille text input to control your computer. When you combine the Focus Blue 80 with JAWS®, you have the ultimate in speech and braille access to your computer. The Scratchpad feature lets you take notes and read books even when you aren’t connected.
- 80 Braille cells
- 8-dot Braille keyboard
- Seamless braille with a more crisp and uniform feel
- Convenient front panel controls and customizable NAV rockers
- Our exclusive NAV Rockers let you rapidly scroll by line, sentence, paragraph, or pan through a document
- Menu button, conveniently centered above the cursor router buttons, for quick access to calendar, clock, Bluetooth connections, and more
- Built-in Scratchpad with BRF Book Reader
- Micro SD Card up to 32 GB
- Select your personal Braille firmness with VariBraille
- USB-C micro connector – always right-side-up to reduce wear and tear
- Dimensions: 620 x 78 x 19 mm (24.4 x 3 x 0.75 in.)
- Weight: Approximately 988 grams (2.17 lbs.)
Compatibility and connectivity features
- Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity – switch between five Bluetooth devices and one USB connection
- Out-of-the box compatibility with Apple® iOS 11 or later and Android devices
- Use with JAWS for combined speech and Braille access
- Use with JAWS for Braille Study Mode to learn and teach Braille
- Works with JAWS BrailleIn™ for contracted Braille input and full control in Windows®
We Are Here To Help
To learn more about this or any of our products and services or to schedule a no-obligation demonstration, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness to learn more. You can also call our toll free number 888-211-6933 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our two(2) state-of-the-art technology showrooms are a wonderful resource, showcasing a variety of leading electronic low vision magnifiers and blindness products. You can schedule an appointment with one of our Technology Specialist who can help you find the right technology, training and care solution.
If you cannot come to us, our staff can even drive out and bring our Vision Store to you, for a no-obligation product demonstration. We offer a comprehensive line of products including electronic magnification low vision aids, blindness products, and leading low vision products for people with glaucoma, macular degeneration and other forms of vision loss.