Clement J. Krug, Sr. Award
Based on feedback from the TVI’s and Educators, we have decided to extend the 2020 Clement J. Krug Sr. Award to: May 15, 2020.
The Clement J. Krug, Sr. Award was established to recognize a student who exemplifies a Let’s Go Attitude. Click here to learn the meaning of this award.
The winner of the award receives a voucher towards a purchase of one product worth up to $6,000.
The previous winner of the Clement J. Krug, Sr. Award was Elana Regan. She selected a BrailleNote Touch 32 ($6,000 value) as her prize. Elana’s Let’s Go Attitude was demonstrated in her essay, especially the sentence “I do not know what the future will hold for me, but there are two things I know: 1) Being legally blind has made me a better and stronger person and 2) As I continue going through life, I will never stop saying “let’s go” because if I “don’t go”, I will never achieve all the wonderful things I know I can do.”
How Does A Student Qualify:
- Students must be nominated by TVI, CLVT, COMS, Social Worker, OT, OD, MD or a Low Vision Professional that works with visually impaired students
- The student is a resident of one of the following states: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island or Vermont
- The student must be enrolled in school full-time
- Students to write an essay explaining why they demonstrate a “Let’s Go Attitude”
- Essays must be written by contest participants, in English and completely original in nature
- Essays should be no fewer than 500 words and no more than 1,000 words
- All entries must be received by May 15, 2020, in order to qualify
- There is no limit to the number of students nominated by a Low Vision Professional
How To Enter:
- Low Vision Professional completes an entry form – two formats provided: Microsoft Word Format or Adobe PDF Format (Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need the entry form in a different format.)
- Submit entry form, along with the student’s essay, either by emailing to email@example.com or mailing to:
New England Low Vision and Blindness
Attn: CJK Award
799 West Boylston Street | Suite 140
Worcester, MA 01606
Submission Deadline: All submissions must be received by the revised deadline of May 15, 2020.
Want to Learn More
To learn more about the Clement J. Krug, Sr. award, contact a Low Vision Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness to learn more. You can also call our toll free number 888-211-6933 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our two(2) state-of-the-art technology showrooms are a wonderful resource, showcasing a variety of leading electronic low vision magnifiers and blindness products. You can schedule an appointment with one of our Vision Specialists who can help you find the right technology, training and care solution.
If you cannot come to us, our staff can even drive out and bring our Vision Store to you, for a no-obligation product demonstration. We offer a comprehensive line of products including electronic magnification low vision aids, blindness products, and leading low vision products for people with glaucoma, macular degeneration and other forms of vision loss.
How Can We Help You Or A Loved One
Mr. Magnifier: If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with Macular Degeneration, our Mr. Magnifier handheld magnifiers are the perfect 1st Step for anyone with Macular Degeneration! Here’s a link to very helpful information, including a free Magnification Guide – https://nelowvision.com/mr-magnifier-lp/
Free Low Vision Guide: If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with low vision, we have created this complimentary Low Vision Guide a free resource to help you or loved one who has been diagnosed with Macular Degeneration or other low vision conditions. Click here to download a PDF of the entire report.
Corporate Brochure: Our comprehensive brochure outlines all of the helpful assistive technology and assistive training services we provide. Click here to download our Corporate Brochure.
Technology: We offer the latest and most advanced low vision and blindness technology supported by world-class personal service. We have nearly 100% of all major electronic low vision, blindness, and software products. Our complimentary, no-obligation demonstration on any of our products will make sure our clients are getting the right product for their specific eye condition. Click here to learn more.
Training: Assistive rehabilitation training services for people with low vision and blindness. We go to our clients - home, school, or business - training where they need it - from caring assistive technology professionals. Click here to learn more.
To learn more about how we can help you or a loved one, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness today. You can call our toll-free number 888-211-6933 or email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help.