What is Vision Buddy?
Vision Buddy is unique in that it magnifies a direct-feed of your TV so users can lay in their bed and look up at the ceiling and TV will broadcast direct to the headset magnifying the TV image up to 10 times original size. It is an incredible experience!
Vision Buddy is the world’s first ultra-simple Television Watching System for the Visually Impaired. Plug the Vision Buddy Streamer to an existing cable tv box or any other tv provider, and watch live Television on Vision Buddy headset. Specially designed for various low vision eye conditions like Age-related Macular Degeneration, Glaucoma, Retinitis Pigmentosa, etc. Zoom in or out to enjoy a movie theater experience right in your living room. With a click of a button switch to magnification/camera mode and see the world around you. It’s that simple!
How Vision Buddy Works
- Connect Vision Buddy Streamer to TV Cable Box.
- Vision Buddy supports any Cable or TV Provider Box (Comcast, Cox, Apple TV ). Simply connect the HDMI cable out from the box to Vision Buddy Streamer’s HDMI in port.
- Turn on Vision Buddy headset on.
- When you turn on the Vision Buddy headset, it will automatically connect to the streamer, and start showing live TV video!
And that’s it!
You are now ready to use the world’s first and ultra-simple TV watching system for the elderly and visually impaired! Simply use the TV or cable box’s remote to change channels, and see the live video clearly and in vivid colors on the headset.
What are the possibilities?
Vision Buddy is designed to be the simplest device out there to assist visually impaired individuals watching TV, as well as be able to perform simple day to day tasks.
- Watch TV clearly – Enjoy your favorite TV shows and movies, once again. Zoom in or out as per your needs while watching HD quality video with real-time image correction.
- Regain your independence – Vision Buddy comes with a digital magnifier. See your surroundings, watch your loved one’s faces, read books, change the thermostat settings etc.
- Read books, with the ability to zoom in and out or use built-in OCR to read aloud text from your favorite books, newspaper, and magazines.
- Perform day to day activities like setting up the thermostat, operate a microwave, read medicine labels, etc. with ease.
- Advanced OCR – Use the built-in Optical Character Recognition ( OCR ) feature to have Vision Buddy automatically read aloud your favorite books, newspaper, medicine labels, restaurant menu, etc.
“I used to just scan the pages without even being able to read the words. With Vision Buddy, I can read everything clearly!” – Jeremy (Macular Degeneration )
“I literally threw away my reading glasses after I got my hands on Vision Buddy. Everything around me is now clear as day. I’m forever grateful.” – Saleem (Glaucoma )
“I was buying bigger TVs, thinking that the reason why I couldn’t see anything was that they were too small. Safe to say, Vision Buddy is saving me money on buying new TVs because it displays TV programs right into my headset!” – Tom (Glaucoma)
“My Vision Buddy allows me to read anything I want to like prescription bottles, my phone, and recipe books. It also comes with an amazing streaming device so that channels are streamed directly into my headset. The screen is so big I feel like I’m in the first row of a movie theatre or at a church service. I feel like I could reach out and touch the people on stage and it is so clear with absolutely no distortion of the picture. It also allows me to see people’s faces when we are across the family room from each other talking. It is very light and comfortable to wear. All in all, it is an amazing product and the people who work there are pretty amazing too. Customer support is important and I have received only the best from them. I would highly recommend the Vision Buddy to anyone with vision problems!” -Karen (Macular Degeneration)
Taking care of your Vision Buddy
Using the Magnifier Mode
What is Vision Buddy
Connecting the Vision Buddy Transmitter
About New England Low Vision and Blindness
New England Low Vision and Blindness uniquely brings hope through technology, training, and care. We are a full-service assistive technology rehabilitation training provider. We offer nearly 100% of all major electronic low vision, blindness, and software products, multiple assistive technology showrooms and a team of Vision Technology Rehabilitation Trainers to help anyone who is visually impaired.
We provide ‘patient choice’ showcasing numerous technology options from the world’s most respected suppliers, all in line with one’s individualized budgetary limits and personal, educational, or professional goals. We also provide custom training solutions and troubleshooting support.
Widely known, tested, and trusted throughout New England, our team brings 75+ years of low and blindness vision experience. Our talent, technology, and training offerings are unmatched and highly respected. We are an extremely unique and extraordinary resource for anyone suffering from vision loss in New England. We are here to help.
Through our no-obligation demonstrations - either at one of our conveniently located assistive technology showrooms or in their home, office, or school - clients experience a relaxed 2-hour no-obligation personal demonstration of almost 100% of all low vision and blindness technologies available on the market.
To learn more about how we Bring Hope to people who are blind or with low vision, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness please call our toll-free number 888-211-6933 or email us at email@example.com. You can also use the form above to request information about our services or a no-obligation demonstration on this or any of our products.