IrisVision Low Vision Wearable Glasses
IrisVision low vision wearable glasses is an easy-to-use but powerful combination of hardware and software that helps people with low vision see again. With IrisVision, not only can patients see family and friends again, they can watch a movie, read a book, even resume hobbies or work they may have set aside.
IrisVision is designed to address a variety of low vision conditions, including macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinitis pigmentosa, and glaucoma. It is a FDA-registered Class I medical device with capabilities well beyond those available from assisted vision magnification products.
Regain Independence in Daily Life
With IrisVision, people with low vision conditions can:
- Read newspapers, books, labels and documents
- Watch TV, even when in a dark room
- See faces of loved ones
- Watch a sporting event, a play, or a movie
- Enjoy the great outdoors
- Pick up old hobbies (knitting, sewing, board games, etc.)
A Variety of Viewing Options:
- Scene Mode: Replicates the vivid color and contrast of the scenery in front of you. Experience a brighter image that focuses automatically, and zoom in up to 12 times.
- Bubble View Mode: Allows you to zoom in on regions of interest while keeping the overall scene in context. You can move the bubble anywhere on the screen.
- Colored Reading Modes: Select black and white mode to maximize contrast when reading simple text, like in a newspaper, Or, pick color mode when reading material with color pictures, like a magazine and colored labels.
- Bioptic Mode: Positions a rectangle at the top center of the screen that allows you to magnify a specific section of the screen without losing the greater context of the view in front of you.
- Reading Line Mode: Read line by line comfortably, without losing your place.
- RP Mode: Regain your peripheral vision by shrinking your field of view (designed for Glaucoma and Retinitis Pigmentosa patients.)
Extra-Wide Field of View
IrisVision provides a 70-degree field of view – wider than any low vision device on the market. And your vision is sharp and crisp.
Easy to use and customize
We’ve made IrisVision incredibly easy to use. Our support team can work with you to customize IrisVision to work exactly as you need.
Read with Ease
Read a magazine, a menu, a recipe or your local newspaper. With IrisReader, our advanced OCR (optical character recognition) will scan text and read it aloud. IrisVision will display this text on its screen in a large, high-contrast font for easier reading.
Use Voice Commands with Google Assistant
IrisVision now comes with your own personal assistant. Use voice commands to tell IrisVision what you want it to do, such as “take a photo”, “reduce brightness”, “zoom in”, or “enlarge text”.
Stream YouTube Videos
Our new video player enables you to stream online videos when on WiFi. The video player features voice-enabled search, so you can easily find, play, pause and even magnify videos as you are watching.
Take and Save Photos in your Photo Gallery
Take pictures and save them for later with IrisVision’s Photo Gallery. Enlarge them to take a close look at details — you’ll find the pictures to be crystal clear.
- Convenient and Portable: Wear IrisVision comfortably indoors and outdoors thanks to a hands-free, portable design.
- Easy To Charge: Use wireless charging with visual and audio prompts for quick and easy charging of IrisVision unit.
- Free Software Updates: Constantly advancing with new technologies, IrisVision provides regular free software updates. This ensures that you will get the most out of your purchase and have a better performing device over time.
<Click here> to learn about James Sell’s heartwarming story and see from James’ perspective what school tasks like reading looked like before and after with IrisVision. James was diagnosed with a low-vision condition called optic nerve atrophy at the age of 3. James says, “Instead of taking two hours to read a few pages, it could take me 20 minutes.”
IrisVision is more than just a product to enable people to see. We’re building an entire ecosystem of features to create a “smart device” to make life easier for those with low-vision and help them do the things they love. Have you checked out our latest software update with features like the Amazon Alexa voice assistant? <Click here to read more.>
Other Helpful IrisVision Videos:
- Unboxing IrisVision
- Adjusting for Best Fit
- Turning On and Off
- Adjusting Focus
- Adjusting Magnification
- Change Modes
- How to Charge
- Removing & Restarting Phone
Booming Forward: VR-like device helps those with vision degeneration
This may look like a regular virtual reality headset, but it actually can help those with low vision to see fine details they’ve been missing. One of the most common causes of low vision is macular degeneration — a progressive decline of one`s field of vision. A product, called IrisVision integrates a smartphone with a virtual reality headset in a unique way, and it`s helping many folks see more of what they’ve been missing.
This article was originally published on December 20, 2019, by Fox 13 Salt Lake City authored by Dave Nemeth. To read the original article, you can visit this link – https://fox13now.com/2019/12/20/booming-forward-irisvision/
The New York Times recently did a wonderful article about IrisVision and people who suffer with low vision. Here’s and brief and link to the entire article:
More than 6 million Americans have vision problems that cannot be corrected by glasses or contact lenses. Companies like IrisVision are creating headsets to help them see better.
This article is part of our continuing Fast Forward series, which examines technological, economic, social and cultural shifts that happen as businesses evolve.
When Jimmy Blakley signed up to serve his country during the Vietnam War, his health and vision were pristine. But shortly after finishing his service in 1971, Mr. Blakley’s vision began to sharply deteriorate.
“With IrisVision, the sky’s the limit.” – Tricia Loebe-Smith, Stargardts
“These glasses have really changed my life. I can read and see my grandson.” – Lannie, Optic Nerve Damage
About New England Low Vision and Blindness
New England Low Vision and Blindness uniquely brings hope through technology, training, and care. We are a full-service assistive technology rehabilitation training provider. We offer nearly 100% of all major electronic low vision, blindness, and software products, multiple assistive technology showrooms and a team of Vision Technology Rehabilitation Trainers to help anyone who is visually impaired.
We provide ‘patient choice’ showcasing numerous technology options from the world’s most respected suppliers, all in line with one’s individualized budgetary limits and personal, educational, or professional goals. We also provide custom training solutions and troubleshooting support.
Widely known, tested, and trusted throughout New England, our team brings 75+ years of low and blindness vision experience. Our talent, technology, and training offerings are unmatched and highly respected. We are an extremely unique and extraordinary resource for anyone suffering from vision loss in New England. We are here to help.
Through our no-obligation demonstrations - either at one of our conveniently located assistive technology showrooms or in their home, office, or school - clients experience a relaxed 2-hour free personal demonstration of almost 100% of all low vision and blindness technologies available on the market.
To learn more about how we Bring Hope to people who are blind or with low vision, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness please call our toll-free number 888-211-6933 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use the form above to request information about our services or a no-obligation demonstration on this or any of our products.