IrisVision Low Vision Wearable Glasses
IrisVision low vision wearable glasses is an easy-to-use but powerful combination of hardware and software that helps people with low vision see again. With IrisVision, not only can patients see family and friends again, they can watch a movie, read a book, even resume hobbies or work they may have set aside.
IrisVision is designed to address a variety of low vision conditions, including macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinitis pigmentosa, and glaucoma. It is a FDA-registered Class I medical device with capabilities well beyond those available from assisted vision magnification products.
Regain Independence in Daily Life
With IrisVision, people with low vision conditions can:
- Read newspapers, books, labels and documents
- Watch TV, even when in a dark room
- See faces of loved ones
- Watch a sporting event, a play, or a movie
- Enjoy the great outdoors
- Pick up old hobbies (knitting, sewing, board games, etc.)
A Variety of Viewing Options:
- Scene Mode: Replicates the vivid color and contrast of the scenery in front of you. Experience a brighter image that focuses automatically, and zoom in up to 12 times.
- Bubble View Mode: Allows you to zoom in on regions of interest while keeping the overall scene in context. You can move the bubble anywhere on the screen.
- Colored Reading Modes: Select black and white mode to maximize contrast when reading simple text, like in a newspaper, Or, pick color mode when reading material with color pictures, like a magazine and colored labels.
- Bioptic Mode: Positions a rectangle at the top center of the screen that allows you to magnify a specific section of the screen without losing the greater context of the view in front of you.
- Reading Line Mode: Read line by line comfortably, without losing your place.
- RP Mode: Regain your peripheral vision by shrinking your field of view (designed for Glaucoma and Retinitis Pigmentosa patients.)
Extra-Wide Field of View
IrisVision provides a 70-degree field of view – wider than any low vision device on the market. And your vision is sharp and crisp.
Easy to use and customize
We’ve made IrisVision incredibly easy to use. Our support team can work with you to customize IrisVision to work exactly as you need.
Read with Ease
Read a magazine, a menu, a recipe or your local newspaper. With IrisReader, our advanced OCR (optical character recognition) will scan text and read it aloud. IrisVision will display this text on its screen in a large, high-contrast font for easier reading.
Use Voice Commands with Google Assistant
IrisVision now comes with your own personal assistant. Use voice commands to tell IrisVision what you want it to do, such as “take a photo”, “reduce brightness”, “zoom in”, or “enlarge text”.
Stream YouTube Videos
Our new video player enables you to stream online videos when on WiFi. The video player features voice-enabled search, so you can easily find, play, pause and even magnify videos as you are watching.
Take and Save Photos in your Photo Gallery
Take pictures and save them for later with IrisVision’s Photo Gallery. Enlarge them to take a close look at details — you’ll find the pictures to be crystal clear.
- Convenient and Portable: Wear IrisVision comfortably indoors and outdoors thanks to a hands-free, portable design.
- Easy To Charge: Use wireless charging with visual and audio prompts for quick and easy charging of IrisVision unit.
- Free Software Updates: Constantly advancing with new technologies, IrisVision provides regular free software updates. This ensures that you will get the most out of your purchase and have a better performing device over time.
Helpful IrisVision Videos:
- Unboxing IrisVision
- Adjusting for Best Fit
- Turning On and Off
- Adjusting Focus
- Adjusting Magnification
- Change Modes
- How to Charge
- Removing & Restarting Phone
Booming Forward: VR-like device helps those with vision degeneration
This may look like a regular virtual reality headset, but it actually can help those with low vision to see fine details they’ve been missing. One of the most common causes of low vision is macular degeneration — a progressive decline of one`s field of vision. A product, called IrisVision integrates a smartphone with a virtual reality headset in a unique way, and it`s helping many folks see more of what they’ve been missing.
This article was originally published on December 20, 2019, by Fox 13 Salt Lake City authored by Dave Nemeth. To read the original article, you can visit this link – https://fox13now.com/2019/12/20/booming-forward-irisvision/
We Are Here To Help
Use this form to request information or free demonstration:
Our two(2) state-of-the-art technology showrooms are a wonderful resource, showcasing a variety of leading electronic low vision magnifiers and blindness products. You can schedule an appointment with one of our Vision Specialists who can help you find the right technology, training and care solution.
If you cannot come to us, our staff can even drive out and bring our Vision Store to you, for a no-obligation product demonstration. We offer a comprehensive line of products including electronic magnification low vision aids, blindness products, and leading low vision products for people with glaucoma, macular degeneration and other forms of vision loss.