Brailliant BI 80
Brailliant BI 80 (NEW generation)
HumanWare is excited to announce the release of new firmware and drivers for the Brailliant Braille Displays. After updating to Version 2.1 you will experience:
- Brailliant is now compatible with Windows 10 and other various screen readers, including Jaws 17
- New support as a Human Interface Device (HID)
- Instant Connectivity: Connecting the Brailliant to your PC no longer requires the installation of additional USB drivers to recognize the display. Just as you connect a keyboard or mouse, the PC will instantly identify the Brailliant enabling immediate access to your braille display.
- Improved stability for Brailliant USB connections: Regardless of the number of connected devices that you use, the Brailliant remains connected with your screen reader.
HumanWare’s new Brailliant BI 80 display is designed for extensive reading with the full comfort and intuitive display navigation of HumanWare blindness products’ signature thumb keys.
Brailliant + iDevices = A Winning Combination
|Connect your iPhone to a HumanWare Brailliant display and take advantage of the sleek design, high quality braille cells, and ergonomic keyboard and thumb keys that have been adored by BrailleNote Apex users. Control your iPhone with the braille input keys, read messages, emails, or iBooks, and type responses or documents in contracted or uncontracted braille, all without thetouchscreenn of the iOS device.|
The Best of Both Worlds
Once the two tools are paired, the Brailliant can be used to produce braille output, along with providing control over the iPhone without using the touch screen. Users have the capability to:
- Navigate applications, home screens, and other elements
- Enter text into any editable applications such as text messages, emails, note files, etc, using the
- Brailliant’s ergonomic braille input keys. Text can be entered in contracted or uncontracted braille.
- Read in braille from all accessible applications, including reading books from the iBooks application.
- In short, anything that could be accomplished with VoiceOver via the touch screen can be accomplished using the Brailliant’s input keyboard
To connect the Braillliant to the iOS device, the pairing has to be initialized from the iPhone or iPad, just as with any other keyboard or Bluetooth device.
The Brailliant displays support connection through a USB port or through Bluetooth, a wireless protocol that provides connectivity within a range of 10 to 100 meters. The Brailliant also includes a proprietary adapter cable that allows for connection to a serial port.
- 80 cell refreshable Braille display
- Serves as a Braille terminal for PC’s screen reader
- USB 2.0 and Bluetooth V2.1 connectivity
- 8 thumb keys
- 6 command keys
- Cursor router keys
- Windows computers (32 & 64 bit
- Jaws, Window-Eyes
- Other screen readers coming soon
- Lasts up to 20 hours with Bluetooth
- Recharges from the PC through the USB port
- Auto-shut off
- Lithium-ion polymer battery
- Compatible with any standard USB A/C adapter
- 56.5 x 7.8 x 1.8 cm / 1070 g (22.3″x 3.1″x 0.7″ / 2.35 lbs.)
We Are Here To Help
To learn more about this or any of our products and services or to schedule a no obligation demonstration, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness to learn more. You can also call our toll free number 888-211-6933 or email us at email@example.com.
Our two(2) state-of-the-art technology showrooms are a wonderful resource, showcasing a variety of leading electronic low vision magnifiers and blindness products. You can schedule an appointment with one of our Technology Specialist who can help you find the right technology, training and care solution.
If you cannot come to us, our staff can even drive out and bring our Vision Store to you, for a no-obligation product demonstration. We offer a comprehensive line of products including electronic magnification low vision aids, blindness products, and leading low vision products for people with glaucoma, macular degeneration and other forms of vision loss.