Brailliant BI 80
A world of communication and information at your fingertips
HumanWare’s new Brailliant BI display is designed for extensive reading with the full comfort and intuitive display navigation of HumanWare’s signature thumb keys. This new generation of Brailliant BI braille displays features the excellent, sharp and crisp braille cell technology that users have praised on the BrailleNote Apex.
Light, compact, portable, yet sturdy and durable, this new display ergonomically fits in front of your laptop or desktop keyboard and can be used with your preferred mobile devices. Built with lightweight, long-lasting aluminum housing, the Brailliant BI will stand up to daily wear and tear.Simply easier
Precise and efficient, the new Brailliant BI features a responsive braille input keyboard* and command keys located on each side of the display. This simple layout facilitates navigation by reproducing all the standard key combinations*, and you can control the screen reader without removing your hands from the display.
- Brailliant is now compatible with Windows 10 and other various screen readers, including Jaws 17
- New support as a Human Interface Device (HID)
- Instant Connectivity: Connecting the Brailliant to your PC no longer requires the installation of additional USB drivers to recognize the display. Just as you connect a keyboard or mouse, the PC will instantly identify the Brailliant enabling immediate access to your braille display.
- Improved stability for Brailliant USB connections: Regardless of the number of connected devices that you use, the Brailliant remains connected with your screen reader.
HumanWare’s new Brailliant BI 80 display is designed for extensive reading with the full comfort and intuitive display navigation of HumanWare blindness products’ signature thumb keys.
The Best of Both Worlds: Brailliant + iDevices = A Winning Combination
Connect your iPhone to a HumanWare Brailliant display and take advantage of the sleek design, high-quality braille cells, and ergonomic keyboard and thumb keys that have been adored by BrailleNote Apex users. Control your iPhone with the braille input keys, read messages, emails, or iBooks, and type responses or documents in contracted or uncontracted braille, all without the touchscreen of the iOS device.
Once the two tools are paired, the Brailliant can be used to produce braille output, along with providing control over the iPhone without using the touch screen. Users have the capability to:
- Navigate applications, home screens, and other elements
- Enter text into any editable applications such as text messages, emails, note files, etc, using the
- Brailliant’s ergonomic braille input keys. Text can be entered in contracted or uncontracted braille.
- Read in braille from all accessible applications, including reading books from the iBooks application.
- In short, anything that could be accomplished with VoiceOver via the touch screen can be accomplished using the Brailliant’s input keyboard
To connect the Braillliant to the iOS device, the pairing has to be initialized from the iPhone or iPad, just as with any other keyboard or Bluetooth device.
The Brailliant displays support connection through a USB port or through Bluetooth, a wireless protocol that provides connectivity within a range of 10 to 100 meters. The Brailliant also includes a proprietary adapter cable that allows for connection to a serial port.
Free Demonstration: Use this form to request information or free demonstration:
How Can We Help You Or A Loved One
- Buddy App: Have you been having a difficult time learning how to use a HumanWare product? The HumanWare Buddy App is the perfect tool to learn, teach and interact with HumanWare’s products. <Click here to learn more.>
- eBook: If you or a loved one have been diagnosed with Macular Degeneration, we have prepared a 12-part eBook <Click here to download a PDF of the entire report.>
Smart Home: Our Smart Home services can help design a solution to help you or a loved one remain independent by using the many features of a Smart Home. <Click here to learn more.>
Bring Hope: We Bring Hope to people who are blind or visually impaired through the many products and services we offer. <Click here to learn more about our Bring Hope services.>
Convenience: Our two(2) state-of-the-art technology showrooms are a wonderful resource, showcasing a variety of leading electronic low vision magnifiers and blindness products. You can schedule an appointment with one of our Technology Specialist who can help you find the right technology, training and care solution. If you cannot come to us, our staff can even drive out and bring our Vision Store to you, for a no-obligation product demonstration.
To learn more about this or any of our products and services or to schedule a no-obligation demonstration, contact a Technology Specialist at New England Low Vision and Blindness to learn more. You can also call our toll free number 888-211-6933 or email us at email@example.com.
Our two(2) state-of-the-art technology showrooms are a wonderful resource, showcasing a variety of leading electronic low vision magnifiers and blindness products. You can schedule an appointment with one of our Technology Specialist who can help you find the right technology, training and care solution.
If you cannot come to us, our staff can even drive out and bring our Vision Store to you, for a no-obligation product demonstration. We offer a comprehensive line of products including electronic magnification low vision aids, blindness products, and leading low vision products for people with glaucoma, macular degeneration and other forms of vision loss.