Job Opening: Assistive Technology Specialist
New England Low Vision and Blindness (NELVB) is growing and looking to hire an Assistive Technology Specialist.
We have openings for full-time, part-time and contract.
Our Low Vision Technology Rehabilitation team works together to cross-train and share the latest innovations in low vision and blindness technology with educators, students, consumers, veterans, and state and federal government agencies.
The Assistive Technology Specialist teaches clients who are blind and visually impaired, and those who work with them, to use assistive technology in schools, businesses, homes, and everyday purposes.
The qualified candidate will perform all types of assistive technology services to all age groups, including but not limited to technology assessments, product recommendations, set-up, configuration, training and troubleshooting. The candidate will be mandated to use every possible resource in order to assist clients achieve their goals. The candidate will generate training and assessment reports, respond to technology questions submitted to New England Low Vision and Blindness, and perform other duties as assigned.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
In this role, the qualified candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Provide comprehensive technology evaluation services in the client’s home, school or office.
- Assess the individual’s vision loss needs and work with them to design a flexible, caring and customized training solution around their individual needs and their technology experience.
- Work with our clients to set-up and configure low vision and blindness aids to best suit their needs and environment.
- Train, evaluate and support adaptive technology for the visually impaired and help them develop the skills necessary to remain independent.
- Work with other members of the NELVB Low Vision Technology Rehabilitation team to share knowledge and collaborate to help further strengthen our market leadership position.
- Full-Time: $45,000; Company Car; 401K match; 2 weeks vacation; PTO Health/Medical benefits
- Part-Time or 1099: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
Note: Compensation and hours can be customized based on experience and individual needs.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lack of confidence or experience can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. New England Low Vision and Blindness is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.