New England Low Vision and Blindness (NELVB) is growing and looking to hire an Assistive Technology Specialist & Trainer – an exciting full-time, salaried position!
The Assistive Technology Specialist & Trainer teaches consumers who are blind and visually impaired, as well as those who work with them, to use assistive technology in schools, businesses, homes, and everyday purposes.
We are seeking an Assistive Technology Specialist & Trainer to join our Low Vision Technology Rehabilitation team. The Assistive Technology Specialist & Trainer is Full Time professional and salaried position.
Our Low Vision Technology Rehabilitation team works together to cross-train and share the latest innovations in low vision and blindness technology – as well as the changing low vision and blindness needs – to educators, students, consumers veterans, government agencies, and programs.
The qualified candidate will perform assistive technology assessments as well as work with consumers to help them achieve their goals. The candidate will generate training and assessment reports, respond to technology questions submitted to New England Low Vision and Blindness and perform other duties as assigned.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide comprehensive technology evaluation services in the client’s home, school or office.
- Assess the individual’s vision loss needs and work them to design a flexible, caring and customized training solution around their individual needs and their technology experience.
- Work with our clients to set-up and configure low vision and blindness aids to best suit their needs and environment.
- Train, evaluate and support adaptive technology for the visually impaired and help them develop the skills necessary to remain independent.
- Work with other members of the NELVB Low Vision Technology Rehabilitation team to share knowledge and collaborate to help further strengthen our market leadership position.
Lack of confidence or experience can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. New England Low Vision and Blindness is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.