Thank you for your interest in our Technology Workshop Series
This event took place June 9, 2017 to a capacity audience. Please contact a Low Vision Specialists at New England Low Vision and Blindness to learn about our upcoming workshops. You can also call our toll free number 888-211-6933 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why did we launch a Technology Workshop Series?
We hear that many do not have the time to visit with us when we exhibit at conferences, and experience all the New technology. This is what inspired us to create a New Technology Workshop Series. This is a chance for you to relax, “sip deeply” and learn about the New technology.
This workshop provided a personalized, hands-on opportunity to test drive the latest and greatest low vision and blindness technology, including apps for the iPad and Android, to help you sharpen your skills. When you leave, you will be better able to help and advise more people with mild, moderate or severe vision loss use technology for their day-to-day use.
Our 1st Workshop was a tremendous success with participants learning:
- All the New technology, including why and how New products now help in New ways
- New software updates, including the New Fusion, which is the ZoomText and JAWS combo
- What state and federal resources are available
- How to best advise their clients and patients
- What are the funding options
- What are the best apps available and how to access
- And more!
The feedback and comments from our 1st Workshop were extremely positive:
- “Personal and interactive format was perfect!
- “Amazingly informative!”
- “Took time to explain available resources!”
- “I learned so many new ideas!”
- “Exceeded my expectations!”
- “Can’t wait for the next one – so much to learn!”